Hidefninja new SteelBook™ Collector Lounge

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
*For retailer-specific chat, please visit the new Retailer Steelbook Zone here

Welcome all Steelbook newcomers from around the world!

For more Steelbook lists, pictures, and resources visit:

This is a thread for those new to the hobby or those with general questions about collecting Steelbooks, including retailer-specific questions.

To keep things organized, please keep all trading talk in the Trading forum, and search for specific Steelbooks for more specific title-specific questions.

I am sure our seasoned members are happy to provide assistance, so please don't be afraid to ask-we all started this addiction somewhere. Regardless if your collection is small or large, someone here can probably help.

Have fun!:D
DB

Steelbook & Collecting FAQ's:

Q: Where can I find a list of Steelbooks released?

A: blu-raysteelbooks.com

Q: Can I play movies contained inside Steelbooks on my Blu-Ray Player?

A: It depends-Blu-Rays are coded with Region A, B or C. Most Blu-Rays are "unlocked", regardless of what region they are, but it's always a good idea to check this forum or web resources before buying, as some are "locked".

Q: What are the differences between Steelbooks™, Iron Packs™, Metal Paks™, Viva Metal Boxes, Tins, etc?

A: Check out pics and discussion in our forum here

Q: What does "G1" and "G2" mean when discussing Steelbooks?

A: "G1" (1st Generation) refers to a Blu-Ray in a DVD-sized case. And "G2" (2nd Generation) refers to a Blu-Ray in a Blu-Ray-sized case.

Q: How to fix a loose disc on a steelbook you want to keep factory sealed that came with a floater?

A: Fixing a loose disc

Q: How do I navigate international shopping sites?

A: You can download a free 'add on' for most browsers called 'Google Translate'. Once you have it installed, the pages will translate automatically.

Q: I have many more questions-is there a general list of links to help me learn about Steelbooks, protecting them, etc?

A: Yes, here

Last edited by a moderator: