How I Met Your Mother (Concluded) [CBS]

FanOfGaming

Steelbook, POP & Statue Collector
Premium Supporter
Jan 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
558279_10150706209412277_661306795_n.jpg

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER is a comedy about Ted (Josh Radnor) and how he fell in love. It all started when Ted's best friend, Marshall (Jason Segel), dropped the bombshell that he was going to propose to his longtime girlfriend, Lily (Alyson Hannigan), a kindergarten teacher. At that moment, Ted realized that he had better get a move on if he, too, hopes to find true love. Helping him in his quest is his friend Barney (Neil Patrick Harris), a confirmed bachelor with endless, sometimes outrageous opinions, a penchant for suits and a foolproof way to meet women. When Ted meets Robin (Cobie Smulders), he's sure it's love at first sight, but destiny has something else in store. The series is narrated through flashbacks from the future.

Attachments

• How I Met Your Mother.jpg
    How I Met Your Mother.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
I still watch it after all of these years. It's still a pretty damn good show, but if my dad took this long to tell me how he met my mother.......

Reactions: bd251
I tried to start watching the first episode again on Netflix and just can't get through that first episode. Stupid premise for a show I think.

They can't please everyone Rick lol :p

I used to think Robin was going to turn out to be the mother, but that's clearly not the case now

How i met your mother Finale **SPOILERS**

Yo,

Personally i loved it up untill the last 2 minutes, to find out the mother died absoloutley crushed me. She was gorgeous, adorable and funny. Ive followed this show for years and fell inlove with the characters.

I muchly prefered this ending that someone posted on youtube mer hours after the finale:

So what did you think guys? Crushed? Satisfied?

Last edited by a moderator:
There's so much bitching and whining online about this series finale. I've watched this show for nine years -- grown up with these characters -- and I can honestly say that this was one of the absolute best series finales that I've ever seen. I truly enjoyed this series finale. Tracy was the perfect match for Ted and the character development between all of the stars during this season was great. I even loved those last few minutes of the finale when
the kids discover that Ted's been telling them this story so they'd approve of him getting back with Robin.
It may not be the ending that everyone wanted, but it worked for me. This episode made me smile and it made me cry. I will definitely miss HIMYM. I can't wait for the Complete Series Box Set (though, sadly, it's only on DVD).

I also didn't see the problem with the ending, i liked it as well. Like it was already stated, it made me too laugh and even cry a bit, and i rarely ever cry.

Reactions: tridon
There's so much bitching and whining online about this series finale. I've watched this show for nine years -- grown up with these characters -- and I can honestly say that this was one of the absolute best series finales that I've ever seen. I truly enjoyed this series finale. Tracy was the perfect match for Ted and the character development between all of the stars during this season was great. I even loved those last few minutes of the finale when
the kids discover that Ted's been telling them this story so they'd approve of him getting back with Robin.
It may not be the ending that everyone wanted, but it worked for me. This episode made me smile and it made me cry. I will definitely miss HIMYM. I can't wait for the Complete Series Box Set (though, sadly, it's only on DVD).

I'm not sure telling them a story that sucks 9 years of their lives away is the best way to do that.

My favourite moment in HIMYM was when he met that stripper and told his kids that is how he met their mother. Their faces were hysterical! :hilarious:

I personally had a problem with the finale. It felt kind of disrespectful.

I'll post my issues in the spoiler tag:
We spent the whole season leading up to Robin and Barney's wedding only to find out in the next episode that they got divorced. I found this very frustrating. Not because they broke up, but the only reason why they made them break up was to set up Ted and Robin getting together in the end.

For me. The show was never about Ted and Robin, and having that the focus of the final episode rather then spending moments with Tracy (The Mother) was disapointing.

I know a lot of people have a problem with Tracy dying in the end. I am ok with that. In fact, that makes perfect sense why Ted would be telling his kids this whole story.

But the fact that the whole story was NOT to tell his kids about How he met their mother, but rather to try and convince them that he should hook up with Aunt Robin is sickening to me.

I watched the show from the start. I loved these characters. Laughed and Cried with the show. As a big fan, I was not satisfied with the finale.

I found this online. It's an alternate cut of the ending that I think does the show more justice and ends the series on a high note. Take a look. let me know if you agree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0caCEG1nH3E

Reactions: jcm and Asopp
Overall, I enjoyed the finale, anything with the mother was sweet and touching, personally i think it trumps over the last minute. HOWEVER, because throughout 9 seasons Ted has been juggling Robin back an forth and i think it already got old half way. Someone should do a supercut those reactions. "Marshall: Robin again?"