snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 8th, 2014
Purchase link: I, Robot
Price: £21.99
Notes: Limited to 3,000 copies. Matte finish.

11031151-1413539668-647785.jpg

11031151-1413539668-647780.jpg

11031151-1413539668-647838.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CollectorEmtee
Basically just means its zoomed in a little when compared to the 2D bluray.
So basically, they pushed in on a 2.35 aspect to fit 16:9 screen? I am a big stickler for correct aspect ratios, but even on a 75" LED, a partial Letterbox is annoying in 3D. As long as the aspect is correct on the 2D version, I guess maybe the push is better for the 3D. But, then again, we could do it ourselves with the zoom/fit to screen function...

Reactions: lgans316
So basically, they pushed in on a 2.35 aspect to fit 16:9 screen? I am a big stickler for correct aspect ratios, but even on a 75" LED, a partial Letterbox is annoying in 3D. As long as the aspect is correct on the 2D version, I guess maybe the push is better for the 3D. But, then again, we could do it ourselves with the zoom/fit to screen function...

Its not as bad as it sounds, still very much enjoyable.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Just check the screenshots in the 2D and 3D reviews on BR website, to see how much it's zoomed in 3D

Last edited by a moderator:
just picked this up in the 2 for £25 3d steels deal.
will probably sell the amaray + slip now (keeping the original steel though for the aspect ration, and nicer artwork lol)
waiting for a price drop paid off. also picked up avatar.
seem to have gotten quidco cashback too - winner.

just picked this up in the 2 for £25 3d steels deal.
will probably sell the amaray + slip now (keeping the original steel though for the aspect ration, and nicer artwork lol)
waiting for a price drop paid off. also picked up avatar.
seem to have gotten quidco cashback too - winner.

Did the same but managed to get both i-robot and Avatar for £22 ;)

2 for £25
10% off when ordering The Gambler

So took another £3 off the 3d offer lol :)

It 's not all zoomed in. Most of the scenes are open-matte, about 30% are zoomed in.

• Informative
This Steelbook have a backprint without text in opposite to the german Steelbook.

Is the 3D Blu-ray viewable in 2D on 2D only players?

This Steelbook have a backprint without text in opposite to the german Steelbook.

Is the 3D Blu-ray viewable in 2D on 2D only players?
I, Robot 3D (Includes 2D Version)
3D and 2D both are on the same Disc (1 Disc Release)
In a 2D blu-ray player 2D version will play

This steelbook It's missing the extras that was on the 2D only Blu-ray if extras are important the previous 2D only steelbook is the better one as that has the extras

Reactions: evuki