mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
Capture.JPG

http://www.illuxcon.com/

This is a smaller art show. There is membership for the entire show for more art enthusiasts with workshops and then there is the weekend days for people who want to just check it out some really cool art. This will be their first year at the Allentown Art Museaum in PA.

More fantasy art but there is really some amazing art. I discovered them in 2009 and have been hooked. You can just check out people's art, pick up a print or if you are daring pick up some originals.

It does seem that the entrance fee went up this year ($32) but I'm ok to pay it.

Lots of Magic artists and most are cool and will sign your magic cards.

In the art museam there are 2 sections.

The weekend salon, free on sunday and museum entrance fee only on Sat

Capture1.JPG

The main show (which has the entrance fee)

Capture2.JPG

Then there is the showcase at the Allentown Center City Holiday Inn on Fri and Sat eveneing whihc is free to the public both nights

Capture3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ricker
So I went to IlluXCon today and as always it is a great show, being the first year in Allentown it was great, my only observation was that I would like to see it on one floor. I know the free weekend salon was downstairs and was separate from the main show on the second floor to make a distinction between the two but going between the two floors (as I had purchase main show floor tickets) was a little tiring.

As to the Art you have here some of the best of contemporary imaginative realism art there is. Jeannie and Pat Wilshire,the founders, bring some of the best talent in the genre together and run a truely great show. Again this is a small show and I mainly go to see the art on the open weekend days, however they do sell tickets for art students and others during the show. The attendees get the fill 4 days and that also includes panels and discussions. For the 6th year along with the 'exhibit' floor they also added a weekend showcase with an additional 80 artists.

You can probably find some better articles for the show, but I figured a small write up and some photos of my goodies may help. If you have a day next year and are on the east coast you should definately check them out.

I actually realized I did not take many photos at all this year, mainly cause I was too busy talking and runnning around checking out the art.

Right outside the Allentown Art Museum

Programbook, IlluXConcepts 5 (which features images from all of the exhibiting artists), and Badges (which Jeannie was so nice to provide to so I could continue my collection from other years as they stopped handing them out).

I couldn't decide this year on a art piece, I have one in mind I am still considering. I really do think you need to be able to check the show out earlier so you can ponder a peice over a few days. It's very hard seeing so much art in the span of 6 hours and making a decision, unless of course something pops out.

I did get these two prints though. The first, by Ciruelo Cabral, is actually a limited print printed on canvas style cloth so it feels unique compared to a regular print.

The other is again a print I got at the showcase from Lauren K Cannon which just spoke to me, I love the colors and the image. If this was a painting and not a print I would have likely bought it that night.

An Autograph from Steve Prescott on the MtG Planeswalkers limited Box set from SDCC 2013. I decided to have him sign the outside as opposed to each individual card.

Many artists give out cards or postcards, here are a few I picked up to also give you an idea.

I did also get some more autographs here and there in the IlluXConcepts book and in another book I had. Hope you enjoy.

Last edited:
OK, last update that I have.

All my copies of IlluXConcepts and the program guides from the years I have gone 2010-2013

My badges lined up :scat:

These are originals

Steve Belledin - Cinderhaze Wretch before and after framing

Steve Belledin - Scornful Aether-Lich before and after framing
The only thing I would say with this one is I would like to add a gold border around the frame to make the gold in the image pop