Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 5, 2023
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $41.99
Notes: Gloss Finish

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny.jpg

Last edited:
The steel art does not match the rest of the steel set. Big surprise? Not sure if I feel compelled to own this even if my steel set is incomplete.

Cartman Ugh GIF by South Park

That's where both posters went... of course.
One of them should've been on the steel.

No. Poster art (of any kind) does not go on new release steelbooks. You know that.

Those always go on the amaray editions which of course there will be a ton more copies of than steelbooks. Better art on the editions that they are going to produce more copies of.

The steelbook will sell out in the US anyway,

Best Buy steels are encroaching upon the pricing of Manta. Aren't their releases like 43.99 or something like that? This steel is okay. Not great. But it doesn't land a solid 10 in poop structure. More of a solid 6 in 'it's okay' structure.

Best Buy steels are encroaching upon the pricing of Manta. Aren't their releases like 43.99 or something like that? This steel is okay. Not great. But it doesn't land a solid 10 in poop structure. More of a solid 6 in 'it's okay' structure.
I don’t even bother with them until prices go down…though with holiday returns coming soon, I may pick it up and see if prices drop. 38 dollars, much less 42.

Reactions: jaws finatic
Arrived today in a large box with no bubbles or any kind of cushioning. Got a dent on the back that I took out.

Anyone know if this will be available in stores or if this will go the Oppenheimer way??
My guess is there will at least be a handful released the day of release (whether they’re bought up online before the stores open is another quesiton). Personally ithink 42 is way to much money for a WWA, especially since this movie was just OK. OTOH, we know there will never be a premium release of it (other than discless versions), so this is kinda it until the inevitable 2nd steelbook.

This is nice but some how I feel cheated after getting the individuals, I don’t think is cool…same happened with the mission impossible one, as a collector I don’t see any incentives anymore and the prices for regular releases are getting crazy…

Reactions: jailbird_joey
This is nice but some how I feel cheated after getting the individuals, I don’t think is cool…same happened with the mission impossible one, as a collector I don’t see any incentives anymore and the prices for regular releases are getting crazy…
If it drops to 30 I’ll pick it up. If not, hard pass.

Reactions: jailbird_joey