Indiana Jones Zavvi Steelbooks Release date discussion (Now 2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2011
November 04, 2013 update:
From Wreck:
they have gone back to 2014 due to final sign-off issues and that we are working on a resolution

Original post:
A member on another site emailed Zavvi bout these and this is the reply they got-
The response was that zavvi can not get the indiana jones steelbooks as their suppliers are unable to provide it. They then cancelled my order as well.

When queried why, they advised that they will be removing these from their website.

What an absolute farce

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd never ordered them as I wasn't particularly interested but if they have indeed been cancelled its an absolute joke.

Don't listen to a word Zavvi customer service have to say, that is just the 'standard' reply for items which appear to be out of stock. When Wreck says that these will be coming back, they will be coming back!

I think the fact that it says "they will be removed from the website" goes to show its utter farce. They have been removed for a long time.

They are coming, and anyone who inquires about it to zavvi customer service deserves to get their order canceled by idiotic service reps. I for one have at least the first 3 pre-ordered and plan to keep my mouth shut till we hear Wreck say otherwise. :scat:

Yes the most recently known status by Wreck was that they were going to be coming back. The status may change though. You never know. Wreck might have been told they are coming back, but then he is given an update that in fact they are not.

For now though, they are still coming back this fall sometime.

I just checked and my orders for these are still intact.

Don't listen to a word Zavvi customer service have to say, that is just the 'standard' reply for items which appear to be out of stock. When Wreck says that these will be coming back, they will be coming back!

I would agree with you over this, but i had a similar email this weekend and my order cancelled as well. Have informed Drum who is trying to get an accurate update regarding these.

Fingers crossed it is typical zavvi customer service not knowing their nose from their ears and i get to reorder.

Hahaha... It will be total chaos if these are cancelled. There are already like a 100 copies sold on ebay by people who have pre ordered them...
I dont think its the case though... I think they will be coming back. Zavvi customer service are total morons... At least that is my experience after trying to talk to them...

Indiana Jones Steelbooks Still Coming

I got this email today, so looks like wreck is correct about a later release date.

Hello,
Thanks for placing your order with us at zavvi, order number.
We're sorry that your order for the product(s) below has not yet been sent.
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook
Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook

We're sorry this has happened. We're continuously looking for ways to improve the service we offer to you and we really hope you'll give us a chance to do better next time.
We're still following this up with our suppliers and we'll keep you updated on the status of your order.
You can check the status of your order by clicking on order tracking in your account pages.
Thanks for your patience, if you have any further questions please contact our customer services colleagues and they'll be happy to help.
Many Thanks,
zavvi Team

Tel: 0844 264 0702

I got the same email so I belive these will still come out my order is still intact I just think zavvi just dont have a clue when tho but poeple how brought these on ebay are not going to be happy as I think they a little wait for them

Zavvi reply to my email:

Hello Jan,

Thank you for getting in touch about your Indian Jones Steelbooks.

The release date has been put back to the 30/09/13, As yet we are unable to confirm if these Steelbooks will have embossed artwork.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Rachael

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

Reactions: Frasr and Drum18
I was last told Sept. So it keeps changing a lot ... I would say nothing is set in stone about these titles yet. My orders still remain intact tho. I'm sorry some of yours do not .... but I wholeheartedly believe that if/when they come back that people will still be able to re-order.

we're all just playing the waiting game and hoping that everything turns out ok for these as I do need these in steel for my collection and I love the artwork.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition

Can somebody explain to me what the hell is going on with this release. Some people say that this was online couple of weeks ago, but I never so that to happen and I have added the link as bookmark on my bookmark bar, and I was checking it every day since day it was announce by Wreck.

Was this thing live at some point or not?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.