Indiana Jones Zavvi Steelbooks Release date discussion (Now 2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2011
November 04, 2013 update:
From Wreck:
they have gone back to 2014 due to final sign-off issues and that we are working on a resolution

Original post:
A member on another site emailed Zavvi bout these and this is the reply they got-
The response was that zavvi can not get the indiana jones steelbooks as their suppliers are unable to provide it. They then cancelled my order as well.

When queried why, they advised that they will be removing these from their website.

What an absolute farce

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice!
What will happen to the preordered Steels?

/edit

@Orekul: Fools seldom differ :D

Thanks for the update Wreck. I really want these. I hope they can work something out.

Yes at least Zavvi haven't taken the money, we are no worse off than before except for the disappointment of these not actually being released as of yet.
Did you forget that Zavvi seems to randomly delete people's preorders? What's the point of having a preorder button on the website if placed preorders can be cancelled by the seller anyway. The confirmation That they WILL be releasef in a later stadium only makes it more unlogical to delete orders :S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T2GmGSNvaM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

mine are still on pre-order but if you get in touch with zavvi the chances are they will cancel them as that just seems to me what is happening.
I keep checking back here and thanks to wreck for the info, as much as i would like these it is nice they have been pushed into 2014 as there is quiet a few coming out this year to purchase.

I got out ahead of Zavvi by canceling my own pre-order last week. I already have the 4-movie digipack from Target. It's nice enough that I don't need/want 4-more steels taking up room on the shelf. What's the point?

I got out ahead of Zavvi by canceling my own pre-order last week. I already have the 4-movie digipack from Target. It's nice enough that I don't need/want 4-more steels taking up room on the shelf. What's the point?

You could've gotten the steels and sold the target 4pack if you wanted so you wouldn't have doubles. That fourth disc you would probably want though.

Reactions: Ashisarobot
The latest from Zavvi:

Hello,
We are aware that your order for the item(s) below is still outstanding and apologise that this has not yet been sent.
• Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook
• Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook
• Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook

We're sorry this has happened. We're continuously looking for ways to improve the service we offer to you and we really hope you'll give us a chance to do better next time.
We remain in contact with our suppliers and will keep you updated as soon as we are able to send the item to you.
Once again please accept our apologies for the extended delay in sending your order and do not hesitate to contact us at customer services colleagues if we can be of any further help.
You can check the status of your order by clicking on order tracking in your account pages.
Many Thanks,
zavvi Team

Again, pretty standard without revealing the exact reason. We of course now know anyway about the delay thanks to Wreck but thats it for now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.