Inetvideo - SteelBook Retailer Thread [Canada]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
inetvideo.ca.jpg

Feel free to discuss any service, shipping and other issues regarding this retailer here.

Inetvideo.ca

Last edited by a moderator:
i've gotten 3 orders from them so far and i am happy. i received a couple steels with minor dents, and they were quick to replace. they respond to emails and phone calls, so i am happy with my experience with them. the packaging could use some improvement. my orders came with steels held together with a rubber band, a few air baggies in a sturdy box.

For me, it has depended if they send one item, or multiple. When sending one there has not been much protection. If sending multiple I often get them stacked in a box, but not much or any padding...

Reactions: Marina Blue
A warning for UK buyers, they also sell Canadian steelbooks as a Playtrader on Play.com and on Amazon.co.uk marketplace so check who the seller is before buying.

I bought American History X from them a couple of months back. Luckily it arrive in mint condition despite the poor packaging.

Damn, not the kind of response I was hoping to see. Was considering buying the Wrestler from these guys as they're one of the cheapest options. Am I better off looking elsewhere?

edit - Nevermind, looks like amazon.ca still have this for the same price. :)

Last edited:
I've gotten a few SBs not in the greatest condition. Dents, scratches, etc.. I've had no problem with returns, since they have an office in NY I can ship to instead of Canada.

I noticed a couple of weeks ago they got Hot Fuzz & Memento back in-stock, so I placed an order for Shaun, HF & Memento. The shipping email said all 3 had shipped, but when I received the package only Shaun & Memento were in the box. Memento had impressions and Shaun had scratches. This was not from shipping, but from handling most likely.

I submitted a TT through the website on Monday, but did not get an email with the TT#. So, I have no way of knowing if they got it or what my status is for the exchange and where the heck HF is. I tried to contact them through their online chat, but no CS person ever came on. It gave me the option to leave a message and I did.

I guess I will call tomorrow. :wtf:

I've gotten a few SBs not in the greatest condition. Dents, scratches, etc.. I've had no problem with returns, since they have an office in NY I can ship to instead of Canada.

I noticed a couple of weeks ago they got Hot Fuzz & Memento back in-stock, so I placed an order for Shaun, HF & Memento. The shipping email said all 3 had shipped, but when I received the package only Shaun & Memento were in the box. Memento had impressions and Shaun had scratches. This was not from shipping, but from handling most likely.

I submitted a TT through the website on Monday, but did not get an email with the TT#. So, I have no way of knowing if they got it or what my status is for the exchange and where the heck HF is. I tried to contact them through their online chat, but no CS person ever came on. It gave me the option to leave a message and I did.

I guess I will call tomorrow. :wtf:

Update. They finally got back to me and let me know Hot Fuzz shipped from a different distribution center. Whew, I think. So, I send back Shaun & Memento to their NY office asking for them to be replaced. The next day I receive HF. It was packed much better than usual (lots of paper stuffing), so I was excited to see the SB. To my horror, it had dents all over and a loose disc. :angry: Now, I know the loose disk might not be their fault, but the dents were just awful. This has nothing to do with shipping. There seems to be no quality control what is so ever. All 3 from this order had issues.

I'm starting to think that iNet buys the returns from other companies. Like stores like Big Lots and such do. I think once I get my refund, I am done with them. I just don't need the stress. :(

CIMG1982a.jpg
CIMG1983a.jpg
CIMG1985a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ps. Inet sells steels on buy.com too. And since its not their site they feel a bit more inclined to help you due to ratings etc. I wouldnt be very careful regardless if buying a steel that has been out for months on end. Cause typically its a gamble whether yours will have dents or not.

When they had IB re-release on buy.com I bought 4 copies, 3 were fine and 1 was dented big time. Didnt happen in shipment as since I ordered 4 it was in a box with bubble wrap.

Reactions: roseart
Yeah, I have bought some from them on buy.com because it was cheaper with free shipping. I think I got a couple of dented ones that time too, but you are right about the CS. It was faster. I'm having trouble getting anyone to respond to me now.

I was weary about HF as it has been OOS for a while now and Memento became OOS recently, but to have all 3 arrive that way?

I wish I could blame it on shipping, but I cannot. :(

I would strongly caution anyone against using this company for steelbook orders.
I knew them from 4 years back when they were the best place to go for finding deleted reduced HD-DVDs to ship to the UK.
This time around I ordered Blade steelbook from them and it arrived with excellent packaging - invoice wrapped around steel with a rubber band. Steelbook inside thick jiffy bag and jiffy bag protected by airbags and inside a strong cardboard box - impressive stuff.
Pity that the steelbook itself had 4 major dents in the back and one on the front in the corner.
Not Impressed.

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

I would add , the J-Card on the back (paper) was stuck on with irremovable glue which resulted in it being ripped to shreads when removed and leaving paper residue all over the steel (see photo below)
I have never known Alliance Canada do this with a steelbook before. it looks to me like a secondhand damaged copy that has been repackaged and sold on as "brand new" (their description) .
Interestingly all the dents appeared underneath the back info card so I presume it was stuck down with irremovable glue in a vain attempt to hide them and hope that you would never try and remove the paper to check.
Inet do advertise stuff as new or second hand and I know from past experience that they repackage their second hand stuff with new factory seals so it looks the same as new.

index.php

Last edited:
Reactions: lolwut