Price: £17.99

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 238
Last edited by a moderator:
I did the exact same thing as snowblood above thanks to digitalbabe. Worked out at €17 each, not bad for an Arrow steel pre-order! Also getting all 6 increases the chances of grabbing that golden ticket :)

However, I really need some enthusiastic help from some hardcore Argento fans right now to possibly change my mind about something.
I already own Inferno on regular Blu so I decided to sit down and watch it last night for the first time in a few years, I wanted to see if it was worth upgrading to steel as I seem to remember being a little bit disappointed on my first viewing compared to his other masterpieces.

I'm a huge Dario Argento fan and like a lot of his fan base I have my own favourites of his, Suspiria, Tenebrae & Opera being my top 3, in that order.
You would think that with Suspiria being my no.1 that another movie about the three mothers would immediately grab my attention but honestly I really wasn't feeling Inferno again on my second viewing.

Don't get me wrong, there were elements I enjoyed, like his excellent use of those blues and reds, the fact that he avoided narrative for once and just concentrated on set piece after set piece, the tension of the entire underwater scene and other things peppered about the place, camera angles etc. but I couldn't stand the acting across the board like that Mark dude, the old man in the bookstore and the ending was such an anti climax in my opinion. I just couldn't get into it.

Sometimes after I watch a movie from Arrow that actually sucked or that excited / freaked you out as a wee lad but just didn't hold up after all these years (The Exterminator, I'm looking at you) I tend to sit down and watch all the excellent extras straight after to see if I can understand it a bit more or understand it's importance in the cinematic universe.
I did just that with Inferno and listened to Dario explaining how it's a very personal project and important film to him but I still couldn't appreciate this movie or for the life of me understand how it's in some fans top 3.
Now, I'm a big movie buff, in particular horror movies and I've heard Kim Newman and the likes bang on about Inferno for years but for some strange reason I didn't like it.

I don't want to visit the boards at IMDB to get a second opinion or to try to understand the movie as some comments on there can be as immature and offensive as youtube comments.
So I guess what I'm looking to achieve is for some fan to try and explain it's brilliance to me so that I can maybe view it a third time with a fresh pair of eyes before the Steel ships out. If my opinion can't be swayed I'm gonna have to cancel this.

I want to like this movie, I really do and my ocd won't even let me sell my regular copy as I want all the Argento movies in my collection, but if some fan on here could come forward and change my mind I'd appreciate it. God I sound desperate, it's only a movie :D

If you need to talk yourself into liking it, it's simply not that good in the eye of the beholder

For me that movie is taxi driver. I own it because it's a "classic", but the odds of me putting it back in sometime soon are slim

Buy the steelbook and sell the amray for completist sake, and if your financial state allows. You'll probably spend 15 pounds worse over the next week anyway! Watch it when a friend wants to

But trying to convince yourself something is good, in my experience, is an exercise in futility. Find a legitimate reason for the purchase (to entertain friends, completism, artwork) to make your conscience feel better

Reactions: ihategiantspiders
What a surprise, Zavvi can't deliver on yet another exclusive Arrow release! Who didn't see this coming? I honestly don't know why Arrow bother dealing with Zavvi - they should have gone to Amazon instead

What a surprise, Zavvi can't deliver on yet another exclusive Arrow release! Who didn't see this coming? I honestly don't know why Arrow bother dealing with Zavvi - they should have gone to Amazon instead

It could more to do with Arrow delaying supplying zavvi with the steelbooks
Zavvi having noting to do with the making of these steelbooks they only have the exclusive to sell them

It was a deal they done with Zavvi and had that deal not been done arrow video have said the steelbooks would have not happened and only Zavvi agreed to do the deal with these releases
That's why they are not available on general release
They gave this reply to a question asked on their facebook page as to why the steelbooks are not available to buy with arrow video direct
The steelbooks are designed and created by Arrow Video

Last edited:
So , has the "Golden Ticket" been claimed?

I would expect it to be in this or Phenomena ...
We don't know its not been announced so far if it has been claimed
I will ask arrow to at least let us know what steelbook release the Golden Ticket was put in but to be fair to Arrow Video I will wait a while to allow sales happen

As soon as its been found I'm sure the person who finds it will be letting us know LOUDLY :LOL:

If Arrow Video at a later stage let us know which release its in that gives a better chance to be found especially for those collectors who keep their steelbooks sealed
If its not been sold and is still at Zavvi warehouse it could be there a long time :rofl:
If its a title not selling well be a great way for Zavvi to sell them by telling which one its in :D

Last edited: