snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: May 26th, 2014
Purchase link: Inside Llewyn Davis
Price: £22.99
Notes: Zavvi Exclusive Ultra Limited Edition Steelbook. Limited to 2000 Copies.

attachment.php

10915395-1392727177-373574.jpg

10915395-1392727177-373541.jpg

Attachments

• 10915395-1392727177-373579.jpg
    10915395-1392727177-373579.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 489
  • 10915395-1392727177-373503.jpg
    10915395-1392727177-373503.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 400
Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
This is a Zavvi Exclusive - Those who have ordered through Amazon will not receive it. Happened a few times before when a exclusive has made it's way on to a general release schedule and been sent out to multiple retailers

Reactions: Baltic
Pretty sure Zavvi list it as an "exclusive" because theirs is the only version to include the soundtrack as a bonus... others (Amazon) will just include the film, no? :dunno:

Pretty sure Zavvi list it as an "exclusive" because theirs is the only version to include the soundtrack as a bonus... others (Amazon) will just include the film, no? :dunno:

That would be pretty poor. Unless the Zavvi version was more expensive in which case Zavvi can suck it and Amazon would get my order (better customer service in general). I'd love the soundtrack, but no way am I paying £20+ for it from them.

I have a feeling our Amazon pre-orders will be cancelled and the listing pulled, then Zavvi will get the exclusive and the lowest it'll drop to is £17.99 (maybe). That's my hunch. A shame because Amazon are very strong with price-drops of late (all the Eureka and BFI titles I've pre-ordered have dropped considerably since ordering).

I'm pretty sure that Zavvi did something similar with Fast & Furious 6, where their exclusive version had a few art cards added in order to make it "exclusive". I would guess that they're pulling the same stunt again by adding a soundtrack so that they can claim it's "exclusive"

It would be pretty ****** of Amazon to cancel our orders forcing us to pay the higher price for Zavvi's version!

The spine is going upwards like the last Robocop steelbook. Interesting, will this become more common now?

It looks like it could be a new trend. Any title that is also released in France will have the upside down spine. I hope that doesn't turn out to be the case :ohno:

I'm pretty sure that Zavvi did something similar with Fast & Furious 6, where their exclusive version had a few art cards added in order to make it "exclusive". I would guess that they're pulling the same stunt again by adding a soundtrack so that they can claim it's "exclusive"
Many retailers do it though, not just Zavvi... I even recall some British supermarkets like Asda and Sainbury's giving away an extra bonus disc with certain releases and calling it an "exclusive", which they are to be fair, as they're the only ones selling it with the bonus material.

This one reminds me of the Amazon.fr Drive steelbooks though... they had two versions that were exactly the same apart from the fact one had a bonus disc containing a few Kavinsky tracks, and it became quite sought after at one point.

It's better than Walmart's practice of adding a Vudu digital copy (despite the availability of an iTunes or UV copy already included) and calling it an "exclusive".

("Yay! I get a Walmart sticker! How special!!!)