Interstellar (Blu-ray Futurepak) [India]

Release Date:
10th April, 2015
Price: INR 1799.00
Purchase Link: Amazon.in, , Flipkart
Number of Discs: 2

Art (WWA)

812xPYIxhNL._SL1500_.jpg

Note - Amazon India, Flipkart do not ship outside India.

Last edited:
"Interstellar" is a Paramount/Warner co-production.

Paramount is distributing the film in North America whilst Warner is distributing it in Europe and other territories.

Recent Paramount Steelbook releases in the UK have tended to be Entertainment Store exclusives. Warner titles have, however, been more evenly distributed with exclusives from Amazon, Zavvi, HMV as well as Entertainment Store. Besides, there's no guarantee that this will even be an exclusive Steelbook release since most of Warner's blockbuster titles have gone on general release.

Anyone contemplating obtaining Paramount's North American release should be aware that it will probably be locked to Region A, since Warner holds the overseas rights.
That's about as comprehensive an answer as I could need!

Reactions: augustus
Anyone contemplating obtaining Paramount's North American release should be aware that it will probably be locked to Region A, since Warner holds the overseas rights.

I hope it's not locked. Paramount steels are almost always region free and they do some incredible steels.

If it is as you say then I'm guessing Murphy's Law will say there'll be 2 different steels and I'm betting the Paramount one will be 100 times better than the usual generic Warner one and locked!

Reactions: augustus
I hope it's not locked. Paramount steels are almost always region free and they do some incredible steels.

If it is as you say then I'm guessing Murphy's Law will say there'll be 2 different steels and I'm betting the Paramount one will be 100 times better than the usual generic Warner one and locked!

Paramount's North American releases tend to be Region Free when they are catalogue titles or when Paramount have worldwide distribution rights, although even that is no guarantee, as evidenced by "Hercules" which was Region A locked in North America but Region ABC everywhere else.

When Paramount only have the distribution rights in North America, those releases tend to be locked to Region A. That was the case with "Titanic", "Braveheart", "Gladiator" and "The Wolf of Wall Street". Conversely, the international releases of those titles, from Fox and Universal respectively, were coded Region ABC.

Since the distribution rights of "Interstellar" are shared with Warner, I expect Paramount's North American releases to be locked to Region A whilst Warner's international releases will be Region ABC.

I've ordered from http://www.rhythmhouse.in before, they ship internationally but no sign of this release on there yet.
Rhythmhouse will only list product once they have got confirmed release date. So mostly 2-7 days before release date. But, mind you, they will sell it without any discount. for INR 1999.

Shame they don't ship to the UK. Maybe I'll be able to get one on ebay on release or something if we don't get a steel in UK.
UK will mostly get it's release for interstellar as well. Germany, Canada, Korea and France has already announced their release.