Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray Star MetalPak) (Target Exclusive) [USA]

Update 9/8: I heard from Metal Pak(TM) directly, that this is their product.-Digitalbabe

Updated 9/20-Digitalbabe-you saw it here first.

FYI- I received actual pictures of this Iron Man 2 Metal Pak-courtesy of Metal Pak (TM). Se below:

ironman2blueraycenterfi.jpg

ironman2flatblueraycent.jpg

ironman2blueraycenterco.jpg

**************UPDATE 9/22 - Andy **********************************
Disc 1 (Blu-ray):

* Feature film with optional commentary by Jon Favreau (HD)
* S.H.I.E.L.D. Data Vault (HD)- Extend your knowledge of the Marvel Cinematic Universe with high-level clearance into S.H.I.E.L.D.'s digital data vault. Interact with select scenes from the movie that include new layers of graphics and insider information. View case files, dossiers, S.H.I.E.L.D. training films, tech details and more.
* Previsualization and Animatics (HD)

Disc 2 (Blu-ray):

* Ultimate Iron Man: The Making of "Iron Man 2" (HD)
o Rebuilding the Suit-An all-encompassing look at the beginning stages of this mammoth blockbuster.
o A Return to Action-From Marvel Studios to the streets of Monaco, Jon Favreau takes viewers through the trials and triumphs of continuing Iron Man's story.
o Expanding the Universe-From the amazing sets of Stark Expo to Tony Stark's home and beyond, the Marvel Universe continues to unfold into new and exciting places.
o Building a Legacy-From filming to editing, scoring and visual effects, Favreau and his team face the challenges of bringing the sequel to the big screen.

* Featurettes (HD)
o Creating Stark Expo-A look at how the sets and computer-generated elements combine to create the massive set piece.
o Practical Meets Digital-How the "practical" props inform the "digital" work that ultimately brings our hero to life on screen.
o Illustrated Origin: Nick Fury-A comprehensive journey into creating one of the most mysterious and influential heroes in the Marvel Universe.
o Illustrated Origin: Black Widow-An exciting look at the new femme fatale introduced in "Iron Man 2."
o Illustrated Origin: War Machine-A look at the introduction of the character and how his friendship with Tony Stark resonates with fans.
o Working with DJ AM-Jon Favreau remembers working with Adam Goldstein.

* Deleted Scenes with optional commentary by Jon Favreau (HD)
o Alternate Opening
o Coulson at the Senate
o The Sub-Orbital Jet
o Tony's Workshop (extended)
o Natalie Wears the Gauntlet
o Flying Party Girl
o Mark II Security
o Element Rediscovered (extended)

* Concept Art Gallery
* Theatrical Trailers (HD)
* Music Video: AC/DC "Shoot To Thrill"

Disc 3 (DVD):

* Feature Film
* Digital Copy

Let the madness begin EEK!:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330452186286&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Iron man 2 selling as preorder on e(vil)Bay
!ByDY0Pg!mk~$(KGrHqMOKkEEwQOfWmnGBMQIUF4EOg~~_12.JPG

This is NOT MY LISTING and I don't know anything about it.
I cannot find a valid store selling them.
The UPC that they are listing does not jive with iron man 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some sites also offer cash back at Target-Ebates and Fatwallet may be examples. Of course the % is small, but still adds up.

I pre-ordered a couple of copies, and I'm planning on being in-store on the morning of release day.

Ap-reminds me of the day I went to Target to get my Iron Man Mask packaging. I remember the hoopla about it at the time. I wonder if there are really 30K-either way, the actual pic looks nice. I hope to have more definitive info mid September, regarding a 100% clear confirmation on what exact metal package it is.

I'm going to go to Target to pick this up. My Target puts their new releases in anti theft devices, so I'm a little concerned they are going to scratch up the case. I've seen them mangle a couple slip covers before with those devices. Makes me wonder if I should just order it online. :dunno:

I'm going to go to Target to pick this up. My Target puts their new releases in anti theft devices, so I'm a little concerned they are going to scratch up the case. I've seen them mangle a couple slip covers before with those devices. Makes me wonder if I should just order it online. :dunno:

I have 4 preordered online, Gotta love that Target card. My experiences with in store are like you stated. Those anti theft packages ruin the slip covers.

I'm a fan of Iron Man on Facebook and they just posted this. Looks to be a MetalPak.

Target and Target.com Exclusive Limited Edition Iron Man 2 Blu-ray Combo Metal Packagingby Iron Man on Tuesday, September 7, 2010 at 1:41pm
PRE-ORDER NOW @ TARGET.COM: http://ow.ly/2AEG7

Only at Target and Target.com, you’ll find the exclusive Blu-ray Combo metal case. This exclusive metal case holds all 3 discs and is packed with these features:

Limited Edition of 30,000
Each case is individually numbered, with printing stamped into the metal on the top right corner
3D Lenticular cover image features the MACH-IV Iron Man suit
Interior image is Target’s exclusive image of Tony Stark’s “Hall of Armor”
The back of the case includes both Iron Man and War Machine
Blu-ray sized metal case, from MetalPak, holds all 3 discs
This very limited edition item is sure to sell out quickly, so ordering early at Target.com is the best way to make sure you own this in your collection!

PS - any one have time to confirm with the manufacturer about the case?

Here's their contact number (800) 303-0308. And use the DPCI number (item number): 058-37-0340.

I dont own any Metalpacks yet, I guess its better than a "Collectible" tin right ?

IMO, star metalpaks are awful. I have one and it is pretty bad - overall quality, opening hinge, the materials it is made of...

I'd rather bank my money than spend it on a star metalpak.

On the other hand, I've been impressed with the recent ironpack quality.

BTW, I'm trying to track down the info right now, but I thought star metalpaks were only produced in europe. :wtf:

With the recent news about disney going with ironpacks, it really made sense that this Iron Man 2 would be one.

More info to come, I'm sure.

Apsmith21-I have an e-mail into a few contacts as well. I's very confusing, because Target originally posted this as a "Metal Package", and it's still not clear whether the Target catalog is using these terms interchangeably, or if it's actually a "Metal Pak". I'll post if I find out anything-thanks for taking the time to post the info:)