Isn't Canada Region 1 as well as the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2012
Ok I have never checked my bluray player downstairs to see if its region free (you can unlock dvd players not sure if you can with bluray players would be nice if anyone knows). It would not play my Hunger Games bluray I got from my sister from Canada at all it just would go to a black screen and that is it. I am really pissed about it this is the second time I have been screwed on a Canadian steelbook not playing right. My Piranha dvd version skipped and wouldn't finish playing the very first time I played it, had to go downstairs and finish it on with the bluray player (I plan on getting a second bluray player for upstairs on black Friday and switching out my bedroom dvd player).

I checked to make sure the bluray player was ok and it played another bluray just fine just won't play the Hunger games so I had to go rent it from redbox.

It shouldn't make a difference what region it is right because Canada and US are the same region right?

Also I can't redeem my itunes version of the digital copy because it says I don't have a Canadian Itunes account this really burns me really really really pisses off. My bluray won't play it won't let me redeem my digital copy, is Hunger Games just a cheaply made bluray stuck in a steelbook?

Last edited by a moderator:
Region numbers are used for DVDs, blu-ray regions are denoted by letter, USA etc is A Europe B and so on bit the areas used for both is the same more or less.

Region numbers are used for DVDs, blu-ray regions are denoted by letter, USA etc is A Europe B and so on bit the areas used for both is the same more or less.

Correct, hunger games must be set to region A only. If you are in the UK it will not work unless it's region free. The digital copies are the same but they are strictly for the country of origin or it will not work.

As far as itunes and digital copies, they all can only be downloaded for the Country of origin. That's why you will see so many offers for free codes from other countries.

I didn't know about the bad Hunger Games discs - that sounds like something that needs a disc recall. :(

How hard is it to get something simple right the first time? :angry:

Well what the heck do you do if you got a bad disc and can't return it in my case basically your screwed, what bull crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.