JB HiFi Exclusive Blu-ray Digibooks [Australia]

pmartin252

Who Blu Supermod
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2010
Altea, Spain
Australia looks set to get some of the titles already announced for France & Spain. These JBHiFi exclusive releases are due on December 14th.

jbhifi_digibooks.jpg

The Fight Club cover on the poster of the OP, shows the logo on a supposedly open book, so I suppose that suggest that the logos will be printed directly on the covers - shame really.:(

Im going to hold out until release and pics surface and then choose then. Atleast I got 3 options, AU, FR, ES ... ;p

I prefer English though.

If anyone can post pics of any of these releases it would be awesome. Trying to figure out if the ratings logos are stickers or printed on.

Dammit! Would have been in for at least 4 of these. What a pity.

Yeah, looks like some of the FR/ES ones can suffice tho. Like Braveheart looks to be in like mostly english (talking about front cover that is.) Obviously the actual pages are in their language.

Thats a shame about the logo but i think i would take a logo for the English language. I don't mind foreign text but always choose English if possible.

How many pages are the actual 'book' portions? The ones I've picked up in JB (but not bought) have looked disappointing - two big plastic disc-holders separated by what looks like a couple of pairs of thin paper in the middle (The Good, The Bad and the Ugly is the main one I've examined and tried to justify to myself)

Strange that JB have no listing for 'Thin Red Line', which is pictured in the promo flyer. That's the one I would have been tempted by.

How many pages are the actual 'book' portions? The ones I've picked up in JB (but not bought) have looked disappointing - two big plastic disc-holders separated by what looks like a couple of pairs of thin paper in the middle (The Good, The Bad and the Ugly is the main one I've examined and tried to justify to myself)

If they are the same as the French versions, then they will have a pathetic 12 pages each. A shame really that Fox has jumped onto the digibook bandwagon with very poor versions containing barely a quarter of the number of pages of their Warner equivalents.
As usual we see which companies show care and respect for the films in their vault and which regard them purely as a cash cow.

Reactions: blahblah
Strange that JB have no listing for 'Thin Red Line', which is pictured in the promo flyer. That's the one I would have been tempted by.

I was told that title got delayed - should be popping up in stores now tho. Perhaps online at a later date.

If they are the same as the French versions, then they will have a pathetic 12 pages each. A shame really that Fox has jumped onto the digibook bandwagon with very poor versions containing barely a quarter of the number of pages of their Warner equivalents.
As usual we see which companies show care and respect for the films in their vault and which regard them purely as a cash cow.

I dont know if they are 12 ... I find it odd if so, I read a post where they were as thick as "Goodfellas USA digibook" but not as nice quality build. For them to be that thick one would assume more pages?

I was told that title got delayed - should be popping up in stores now tho. Perhaps online at a later date.

I dont know if they are 12 ... I find it odd if so, I read a post where they were as thick as "Goodfellas USA digibook" but not as nice quality build. For them to be that thick one would assume more pages?

Funnily enough, I´ve been away and my neighbour has just given me a large pile of packages that arrived while I was away. Among them is the Australian "Fight Club" & "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly". Yes, both are very thick digibooks, that´s because they contain the BD and DVD versions of the movies, but the bad news is that just like the French versions they have just 12 pages each!:(

I´ll post some pictures tomorrow in the appropriate disc threads.