JB HiFi Exclusive Blu-ray Digibooks [Australia]

pmartin252

Who Blu Supermod
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2010
Altea, Spain
Australia looks set to get some of the titles already announced for France & Spain. These JBHiFi exclusive releases are due on December 14th.

jbhifi_digibooks.jpg

Funnily enough, I´ve been away and my neighbour has just given me a large pile of packages that arrived while I was away. Among them is the Australian "Fight Club" & "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly". Yes, both are very thick digibooks, that´s because they contain the BD and DVD versions of the movies, but the bad news is that just like the French versions they have just 12 pages each!:(

I´ll post some pictures tomorrow in the appropriate disc threads.

ah ok thanks.

Thanks pmartin, I haven't ordered fight club yet but I was going to. 12 pages does sound a bit stingy though.:(

Thanks pmartin, I haven't ordered fight club yet but I was going to. 12 pages does sound a bit stingy though.:(

In regards to these, I say take the time to look at each from ES/FR/AU so you can make best decision. Some of the ES/FR ones have english text on the outside. If you arent going to read the pages really, then that is all that matters.

If its got English titles, and no ratings printed (ES/FR) then those are the ones to grab, otherwise their AU counterparts become the "ones" at least in my eyes of purchasing.

Obviously anyone who plans/wants to be able to read the 12 pages would have a different view. But you can read all about a movie online for free. So the front cover of the digibook is what matters most to me. :cool: and if the pages have pics .... thats always better.

In regards to these, I say take the time to look at each from ES/FR/AU so you can make best decision. Some of the ES/FR ones have english text on the outside. If you arent going to read the pages really, then that is all that matters.

If its got English titles, and no ratings printed (ES/FR) then those are the ones to grab, otherwise their AU counterparts become the "ones" at least in my eyes of purchasing.

Obviously anyone who plans/wants to be able to read the 12 pages would have a different view. But you can read all about a movie online for free. So the front cover of the digibook is what matters most to me. :cool: and if the pages have pics .... thats always better.

Well said Wreck, couldn´t agree more.

See, looking at the image at the start of the thread, that Fight Club booklet appears a lot thicker than 12 pages. Now armed with the info from here, I can see that what my eye thought were 'pages', is in fact 'the plastic holder of the disc'. Grr.

OTOH after going into JB today and checking a few more of them out, they definitely seem more impressive to look at and hold. Fight Club and Rocky Horror in particular. Might get one or both and see how I feel later about the rest.

Hey Wreck, i know what you mean. I don't think i have actually read any of my digibooks from start to finish, i generally just flick through them and check out the pictures! I don't mind foreign text at all as long as the Title is in English, saying that i still bought Sieben because i thought it looked great!

The Digibooks PER title I think should be bought based on criteria below. (In time I'll try and update this whole post and probably merge to its own thread)

Ok ... just having some fun, but I'm going to streamline the choices for people.

If you speak Spanish, grab the Spain ones. If you speak French, grab the French ones.

If you speak English and WANT to read the pages inside, grab the AU ones ...

If you care more about their visual appeal with English text on Front/Spines here are the best choices per title. imo.

Minority Report - FRENCH - Nice spine and less foreign language on front.

http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B005H3HXSW/?tag=hidefnin0a-21

PICS - FRANCE - SPAIN - AU
51QddRYUFOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
41qeFEW3M8L._SL500_AA240_.jpg
94150SBO.jpg

Braveheart - FRENCH or SPAIN

PICS - FRANCE - SPAIN - AU
41hvK0JWHML._SL500_AA300_.jpg
51boLZyieTL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
4425568.jpg

Sound of Music - USA Target Exclusive Version
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/8408/

West Side Story - USA Target Exclusive Version
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/13135/

Rocky Horror Picture Show - German CinEdition
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/6030/

OTHER FRENCH ONES TO GET WITH ENGLISH (Except dances with wolves) So the rest I guess are just best to get from AU if they interest you.

41a8UZmApIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
51ExU2S-kuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41zF5UE69vL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
51vjs41R6oL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51Xm2q6AQdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
41NR8rmjylL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51SrpvwaQ5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
41TLrkJr2xL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

AUSTRALIA ONES:

jbhifi_digibooks.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
got my braveheart. a bit dinged up in transit, but certainly better than the regular amaray.
im not over impressed with the build, seem cheap compared to warners. i dont see why they cant release them in the UK though.
there are a few more id like, but im hesitant to pay over the odds in light of the quality.

one plus point is that they are the same size as a normal blu (unlike most digis that are nearer to dvd size)

Reactions: Wreck