Release date: November 2nd, 2015
Purchase link: John Carter
Price: £16.99
Notes: Gloss

11107864-2054292701261869.jpg

11107864-7164287861931050.jpg

11107864-1634292701281681.jpg

Last edited:
Its just the way companies work its not a Zavvi conspiracy or they have done it on purpose to rob you, its no different to any other companies out there.
Everyone's bought something whether it be a a pair of jeans ,trainers ,TV, hifi ....
And next day or week later price has changed and its 10 ,50,100,s of pounds cheaper and feel as though,been robbed hard done by
And you feel like ringing them up to complain, taking them back ,asking for money knocked off as bought them day before and now xxx cheaper.
Nobody complains when get something cheaper than "normal"
Sucks but win some lose some as saying goes

The problem here is that the release date is not until Monday, 2/nov. Its still a pre order. Zavvi have charged all pre orders, sent out the stock, then put John Carter on sale, all this before there release date. If this was amazon they would refund the difference. We can send it back and get a refund, but at our own cost. Not sure how much recorded delivery is, but I would not trust zavvi to deal with a return via standard mail, ie I would want them to sign for receiving my return. It also shows there profit margin for each steel, if they can sell a £17 steel for £9 when it is still a pre order, then there goes any thought of Disney setting the prices.

As I said, zavvi wont be getting much more business from me for pre orders. If something goes on sale that I want from now on, then I will buy, but I wont give them one more pre order unless I really want the product and I think it will sell out. Only thing I can think of is star wars 7.

WOW, another great steelbook from Disney/Zavvi. Couldn't get hold of FutureShop's Viva well I didn't fancy paying the going price, so at £15 (my price) for a 3D Blu-ray steelbook with bright colurs and glossed with an emboss/deboss back is amazing and one I'm happy to add to my collection.
View attachment 197631 View attachment 197632 View attachment 197633 View attachment 197634 View attachment 197635 View attachment 197636

I haven't opened mine yet, so thanks for the pics. It is very nice. Pleased I hung on and didn't cancel now- even if it has come back into stock; and I don't see this hanging around too long either.

Any discount codes for this? I'd be much happier paying ~£15 than £17. Looks good and like the movie, so may jump on it anyway before it "sells out"

Got mine a couple of days ago too... Love it even though I world have loved to see some debossing on the name. But still very nice steel and the colours are amazing
Nice addition to my collection

That's me had it with zavvi, it still a preorder and they have it on offer after they have charged the pre orderers. Anyway, cancelled bedknobs and ant man. Keeping inside out, think that one will sell out. Not bothered by the other two.[/QUO
What, seriously ?
You cancelled "Ant-Man" which is changing hands on the secondary market for between 35 and 40 quid with one sold the other day for almost GBP 50 ?

OK, I can't expect to win 'em all and even though I missed out on the sale for this "JC" with its almost 50% price reduction I more than made up for it with several quid off 8 other titles ordered via this promotion.

Big thanks to pb for posting the info and of course to Zavvi for the promotion itself :thumbs::happy:

Last edited:
Reactions: paulboland
My 2 for £18 offer steel arrived today, such a nice steelbook! They certainly found the can of gloss for this one! And the embossed back makes a change, very nice all round.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geek Tragedy