USA
Release date: June 27, 2008
Notes: Limited quantity of 2000

rambo.jpg

Actual pictures:
rambo1.jpg

rambo2.jpg

rambo3.jpg

So yeah, I was surprised their was no topic on this one ... it's the holy grail of all things SteelBook. (least, blu-ray steelbook that is.)

Its been sold for $500 and 300 euros just for the empty case alone. Super rare, thought to have been limited to only 2,000 copies.

And this last pic which is nicely laid out came compliments of Tiger, a hardcore collector :)
18968.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No thanks! I dont own this SB, but i hate this re-releases of rare sb at the last time.
But if it happens #3 will bei Iron Man FS hahaha ;)

That would be awesome as well but i guarantee john rambo is on the way:scat:

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

I think its a nice looking steelbook but its to over rated in my opinion. I still think iron man FS is the best steelbook ever made.

picture.php

These will be the next kimchi's numbers 3 and 4:scat:

That would be awesome as well but i guarantee john rambo is on the way:scat:

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

These will be the next kimchi's numbers 3 and 4:scat:

At this point it Wouldn't surprise me to be honest but i very much doubt that it'll have the exact same covers.

Unless something like that comes from Choi, i wouldn't put too much thought into it. I didn't see him make any statements regarding re-releasing this particular Rambo SB, but of course, i might have missed it if he did.

It wouldn't be too surprising, considering Kimchi's #2 is Le Grand Blue.

I hate reprints. They should be banned. Did I hear that someone guaranteed that kimchi will reissue John Rambo holy grail? How enforceable is the guarantee? LOL!

Why do collectors cry about reprints? Won't the original still always be the originl and hold leverage over any others?

For grails I think this is true. Iron Man FS and Star Trek Play/FS have still held their values even with re-prints and re-releases.

Some collectors will always want the first edition.

However, I think that with Zavvi releasing so many steelbooks (whilst it is good for some collectors, especially new ones) it is killing the second hand market anyway as not many people have enough disposable cash to buy new releases and older sought after ones.

But that's for another thread....;)

For grails I think this is true. Iron Man FS and Star Trek Play/FS have still held their values even with re-prints and re-releases.

Some collectors will always want the first edition.

However, I think that with Zavvi releasing so many steelbooks (whilst it is good for some collectors, especially new ones) it is killing the second hand market anyway as not many people have enough disposable cash to buy new releases and older sought after ones.

But that's for another thread....;)

Totally agree they have held there own:thumbs:

I've been collecting for over 2 years now and this is still one of my top 3 steels in my collection. The way the "blood" spot gloss drips down rambo's arm... And the way the blood color continues on the side opening and bottom...man, they sure don't make 'me like this any more :(

I have seen the Blu Raymondo has a new and sealed one for sale £1300 on Ebay, or make offer wow it goes up every year I think it is worth around £1000 for a new one like that and I think it will be worth a lot more in the next year or so being the rarest steelbook in the world A good investment for the future . Glad I have got mine , AND NO ITS NOT FOR SALE. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221260976901?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Last edited:
I have seen the Blu Raymondo has a new and sealed one for sale £1300 on Ebay, or make offer wow it goes up every year I think it is worth around £1000 for a new one like that and I think it will be worth a lot more in the next year or so being the rarest steelbook in the world A good investment for the future . Glad I have got mine , AND NO ITS NOT FOR SALE.

I think the market has peaked and the price won't go any higher. Steelbook prices in general seem to be falling, perhaps this is due to the large amounts of new releases. This will always be valuable but I wouldn't buy it now as an investment for the future IMO.

I have seen the Blu Raymondo has a new and sealed one for sale £1300 on Ebay, or make offer wow it goes up every year I think it is worth around £1000 for a new one like that and I think it will be worth a lot more in the next year or so being the rarest steelbook in the world A good investment for the future . Glad I have got mine , AND NO ITS NOT FOR SALE. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221260976901?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

it was a good investment years ago when it was released.. it might gain a few bucks but eventually it will drop down to almost nothing when a new medium is released (4K)

I remember getting this from a seller from Amazon.de and it was not sealed even though it stated it and in the pictures it was plasted with the sticker on.
I was so angry.

After that the OCD in me died abit.

it was a good investment years ago when it was released.. it might gain a few bucks but eventually it will drop down to almost nothing when a new medium is released (4K)

I'd like to see the day that studios allow us to have their full masters in disc form. ie. 4k .... my guess is that wont be happening hence why no studio has came forward to support 4k on disc yet.

thus we might be looking at the last disc format for movies .... blu-ray.

Reactions: Bluprint