JSDVD - SteelBook Retailer Thread

logo.gif

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availabity, etc about this retailer here.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to JSDVD?
A) http://dvd.jsdvd.com/index.php?language=us

Q) I haven't mastered Taiwanese yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser or click on the English sign:
icon.gif

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click HERE to create an account >> Fill in details >> click on 'continue' >> Done

Q) Do they ship outside of Taiwan?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, various shipping options available. EMS shipping price list HERE

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Cardboard Box, with enough bubblewrap to keep things safe. See pics: (Thanks to The Rainmaker)
As promised, here are the pictures of the packaging by JSDVD. Please feel free to add these pics to the OP so that everyone can have a look before buying from them.

I find their packaging totally bulletproof. As you can see in the first picture, the box arrived in a completely bashed and torn condition:

View attachment 43021

View attachment 43022

They used 3 layers of bubble wrap on the outside that absorbed the impacts of the outside world:

View attachment 43023

Inside those 3 outer layers of bubble, each individual steelbook was wrapped in 3-4 layers of bubble on each side:

View attachment 43024

And finally, the flawless steelbook:

View attachment 43025

I hope I could help ;)

Cheers :thumbs:
Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) Very friendly - just add your note in the comments box:
rsz_jsdvd.jpg

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged for the ITEM upon ordering, but shipping costs are charged separately once ready for dispatch. (you will receive an email, check spam folder)

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Card only - TIP - when paying ensure you click on 'Perform normal payment' shown here:

rsz_1jsvspayment.jpg

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Yes - overall a very good, reliable site to order from.

Cancellations: Send an email to [email protected], including the number of the order you wish to cancel. He'll get back to you as soon as he can.

Replacements: are issued if in stock, if not a refund will be offered.
Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
JSDVD afficionado's can't I pick your brains please?

I pre-ordered Whiplash and Jupiter Ascending from them last month. Whiplash was released Monday just gone (and shows in stock when I look at my account) but I still haven't had a shipping charges email

Do you think they're holding it to send at the same time as Jupiter which isn't out until June (6th I think)?

Cheers :thumbs::thumbs:

JSDVD afficionado's can't I pick your brains please?

I pre-ordered Whiplash and Jupiter Ascending from them last month. Whiplash was released Monday just gone (and shows in stock when I look at my account) but I still haven't had a shipping charges email

Do you think they're holding it to send at the same time as Jupiter which isn't out until June (6th I think)?

Cheers :thumbs::thumbs:

If the 2 items were part of the same order, they will hold till the other item is ready to ship. Done this plenty of times. They will also hold and combine single orders if you request it. You should be fine.

Reactions: Lordpercy
You really gonna quote me from 2012? 5 years ago? LOL ... this was pre- I bought EVERY single taiwan steelbook edition from 2009-2014 .... then 2015 began crazy and i gave up and sold off most all. ha But funny I had to recall back then as who would have thought how crazy in 2013 I would become tracking them all down. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Edit: I think I figured it out.
I was doing the payment on mobile, it never worked.
But on the computer, it did.
Looks like mobile browser don't work with the 3d payment process and causes it to fail everytime.

Edit: I think I figured it out.
I was doing the payment on mobile, it never worked.
But on the computer, it did.
Looks like mobile browser don't work with the 3d payment process and causes it to fail everytime.
yeah they make you do some type of different credit card security thing. its all legit, but I bet you're right only works on desktop.

So I received the blu ray a while ago and it still holds up great.
There was no damage and packaged better than even best buy or similar retail and services with blu rays (cough cough disney movie club cough cough).
I would definitely buy from them again.

Does anybody have an idea how much the shipping cost is for one or two steelbooks to the US? I'm eyeing a steelbook but am apprehensive not knowing the shipping cost until later.

I'm getting these errors at the time of this post when trying to visit http://dvd.jsdvd.com/:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Host 'p25.coowo.com' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' in /var/www/vhosts/jsdvd.com/dvd/includes/functions/database.php on line 20

Warning
: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /var/www/vhosts/jsdvd.com/dvd/includes/functions/database.php on line 21

Warning
: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /var/www/vhosts/jsdvd.com/dvd/includes/functions/database.php on line 21
Unable to connect to database server!