JSDVD - SteelBook Retailer Thread

logo.gif

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availabity, etc about this retailer here.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to JSDVD?
A) http://dvd.jsdvd.com/index.php?language=us

Q) I haven't mastered Taiwanese yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser or click on the English sign:
icon.gif

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click HERE to create an account >> Fill in details >> click on 'continue' >> Done

Q) Do they ship outside of Taiwan?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, various shipping options available. EMS shipping price list HERE

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Cardboard Box, with enough bubblewrap to keep things safe. See pics: (Thanks to The Rainmaker)
As promised, here are the pictures of the packaging by JSDVD. Please feel free to add these pics to the OP so that everyone can have a look before buying from them.

I find their packaging totally bulletproof. As you can see in the first picture, the box arrived in a completely bashed and torn condition:

View attachment 43021

View attachment 43022

They used 3 layers of bubble wrap on the outside that absorbed the impacts of the outside world:

View attachment 43023

Inside those 3 outer layers of bubble, each individual steelbook was wrapped in 3-4 layers of bubble on each side:

View attachment 43024

And finally, the flawless steelbook:

View attachment 43025

I hope I could help ;)

Cheers :thumbs:
Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) Very friendly - just add your note in the comments box:
rsz_jsdvd.jpg

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged for the ITEM upon ordering, but shipping costs are charged separately once ready for dispatch. (you will receive an email, check spam folder)

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Card only - TIP - when paying ensure you click on 'Perform normal payment' shown here:

rsz_1jsvspayment.jpg

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Yes - overall a very good, reliable site to order from.

Cancellations: Send an email to [email protected], including the number of the order you wish to cancel. He'll get back to you as soon as he can.

Replacements: are issued if in stock, if not a refund will be offered.
Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know their site was down etc., but does anyone know how JSDVD is when it comes to dealing with damaged items? So far, they have not responded to any of my emails and I'm actually quite disappointed.

To what I know, they are very good responding to all my emails. :p
Sometimes email don't reach them as their server having some issues.
I suggest you use the email address ([email protected]) and using a webmail to send them again.

I know their site was down etc., but does anyone know how JSDVD is when it comes to dealing with damaged items? So far, they have not responded to any of my emails and I'm actually quite disappointed.

Reactions: darczap
To what I know, they are very good responding to all my emails. :p
Sometimes email don't reach them as their server having some issues.
I suggest you use the email address ([email protected]) and using a webmail to send them again.

They responded over night and said to only send the front steelbook cover back and they will send me another cover :wtf:

Or, 20% off. Not too happy.

You can do that but at the risk of damaging the Steel case further. Without the plastic, the casing is an absolute low quality trash material. It is so flimsy that it has to be carefully packed from getting damaged even further. Every time I stick my custom inside artwork, I wonder what makes this so special. :dunno:

Unfortunately every retailer have their dark side and this is one of them. :(

Asian retailers are good as long as you don't receive any damaged items.

I'm not even going to try and replace the cover. After a few email exchanges, they agreed to send me a new case (minus discs) free of charge with my next order. In the end, I'm happy :oohyeah:

Reactions: Thelite13
I am having problem in completing the payment.
I tried 3 different credit cards and can't complete the payment.
I don't know what tot do.

Do these guys issues refunds if steel arrives damages, or does not arrive at all (gets lost during transit or something) ?

I've just ordered Guardians of the galaxy and will post about my "experience", once the process is complete

I was going to buy The Lion King Steelbook, but reading through this thread has made me doubt buying from the company. Any latest faux-pas or are there still problems paying etc?

I've just ordered Guardians of the galaxy and will post about my "experience", once the process is complete
Arrived in a mini shoe box,

GOTG wrapped in 4 layers of bubble rap. Best wrapping ever!

No issues with UK customs. Very happy and positive experience

I tried to order Maze Runner twice now both times I get blank page after pressing perfrom normal payment.
Hope I not been charged twice!
Is the payment problems still there?