Jurassic Park Trilogy (G1 Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

RobertJoseph17

Premium Supporter
Jan 22, 2011
Illinois, United States
Jurassic Park Trilogy (Blu-ray Steelbook)

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/jurassic-park-ultimate-trilogy-future-shop-exclusive-steelbook-2011-blu-ray-blu-ray-disc/m2192440.aspx?path=b9eae938b6ca7dc4903b4962bb57d02aen02

Release date of October 25th, 2011.

jp.jpg

Thanks to Fan_of_Gaming from the BD Forums.

According to a Futureshop empoloyee who is quite credible, There will be a Futureshop exclusive for the Jurassic Park Trilogy.

Guess this makes up for the other copy getting canceled. Can't wait for this one! Will try and update more when more news comes out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I guess. No need to get the FS one tho. Just get the German Edition and the regular trilogy on blu ray, it's like 50% of the price of the steel.

How does it feel when you hold it? I am might get this and swap the discs from the tin version I have so I can place this in my SB collection a long with the rest. The tin is too big!

Reactions: biscuitnoir
How does it feel when you hold it? I am might get this and swap the discs from the tin version I have so I can place this in my SB collection a long with the rest. The tin is too big!

It's thick and heavy. This is my first jumbo steelbook and it felt weird at start but now that I've placed it with his brothers it looks very nice.
I've owned the FS one, and the steel itself felt really soft compared to the German edition.

Just been checking the prices on ebay, both versions around the same price, between £55-£70. I guess I missed the chance to get the german one cheaper at half the price now they have become more rare :(

Just been checking the prices on ebay, both versions around the same price, between £55-£70. I guess I missed the chance to get the german one cheaper at half the price now they have become more rare :(

I'm pretty sure you can still get it for a better price in here. Have you checked the trades/sales section of the forum? seeing that you have more than 30 posts the section should be opened for you.

My advice: stay away from this one and get the German one if you can! Comparing the two, the FS/Best Buy ones look uber cheap, and expensive!

Definitely stay from the FS/BB ones unless you like the black background color. Its overall quality is way lower than the German one. I was there at Best Buy when they opened the doors on release day and every single one had some kind of paint chips, dings on the edges and especially on the front lower right corner. Saw the same "defects" at another BB store but somehow, they were all gone the next day. Go figure!

Just very poorly made for something with the Steelbook(TM) brand.

The only problem with the German one it isn't 7.1 DTS Master. It's 5.1, unless you just swap the discs if you already have the films.

The movies in my German Steelbook are 7.1 English.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Edna_mode2.jpg

G1 Steelbooks are so last season darling.

Last edited:
Yeah I wad just abouts to say, my german jumbo steel all 3 movies have english dts hd mstr audio 7.1 so dont no were the information above comes from.

I think that's just the first movie but I could be wrong, they're sold out from what I hear, there's a post in the latest steelbook price drop about it.. gonna be tough to get your hands on one now, I settled for the play.com trilogy slipcover, under a £10 before christmas..

Reactions: altermann
I think that's just the first movie but I could be wrong, they're sold out from what I hear, there's a post in the latest steelbook price drop about it.. gonna be tough to get your hands on one now, I settled for the play.com trilogy slipcover, under a £10 before christmas..

No it's the trilogy, G1 steelbook :) It is on sale, purchased the last one in stock yesterdar!

Reactions: RiX