La La Land (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: May 15, 2017
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zoom - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £21.99 (Amazon) - £22.99 (Zoom - Zavvi - HMV)
01-414309.jpg

02-414309.jpg
03-414309.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear they were sealed.

Wonder if Jitstark is alone or if anyone else will receive open returned copies

Tbh it wouldn't bother me as I open everything and as long as they are mint.
Might p*ss off anyone who ordered this purely for resale lol (good)

Got mine too, same as yours, sealed and security tagged. To open or not to open?

haha! If we don't open them then @paulboland will say we are not collectors because we are keeping them 'sealed' :p

Dunno, looks too precious to open :rofl:

This Steelbook is so Beautiful it would be a shame to keep it sealed. The Gloss finish with the effect of the reflecting sky is superb !
The Gloss is so sweet and makes the artwork look at its best, definitely one of the nicest bare steelbook I own.

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
This Steelbook is so Beautiful it would be a shame to keep it sealed. The Gloss finish with the effect of the reflecting sky is superb !
The Gloss is so sweet and makes the artwork look at its best, definitely one of the nicest bare steelbook I own.

You sound like you are having an orgy over this :rofl: :p :D

I've got a list of movies to get through. Still haven't opened Split BB John Wick 2 Nova. Probably will have a poke at this next week :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
You sound like you are having an orgy over this :rofl: :p :D

I've got a list of movies to get through. Still haven't opened Split BB John Wick 2 Nova. Probably will have a poke at this next week :thumbs:

I am gonna sound like a Broken Record, but this movie is one of my favorite of all time. I've seen it like 6 times already and listen to the OST and SCORE almost every Day. I am not a fan of Musicals and ''this is not a Full On Musical'', lots of Dialogue and love the story so much also Emma and Ryan carry the film ever so effortlessly. Just have an open mind when you watch it. I never watch Bonus items and I did for this film and it was very insightful.

Lovely, just lovely :drool:

• Thanks
Reactions: sunnyx and smabu
Received my copy today and no security tags :thumbs:. However, there is a large tear in the shrinkwrap where the yellow La La Land sticker should be and I'm puzzled as to why anyone would want to remove it o_O.

Anyway, the steel doesn't appear to be damaged and I'll be opening it anyway. Just happy I was able to get a copy.

They look like returns mate

They don't keep discs behind the tills, the keep empty PlayStation/ Xbox etc game cases in the store front and then the sealed game behind the till in draws and sometimes with box sets (leaving the empty case filled with poly on store front) but not actual discs.

I've seen returns come back and get put back out on shelves (depending on whether it's a faulty disc or not) and in this case it looks like a similar thing and kept them for resale. You may have tiny scratch or dent where a OCD collector has returned it. Not saying you have because someone could of returned it for another reason but that's what it looks to me

(Same with online website returns. If the disc is faulty they will send back to the distributor but if it's just sent back for another reason and it's not badly damaged they would of saved them until enough came back to go back online. Pretty sure same thing happened with hateful 8 and other possible titles)

The steel looks in pretty good nick but I'm not overly OCD. I don;t mind the odd scratch so long its not massively prominent. I do remember someone saying that mall store like Bluewater sometimes only put out the steel with the discs behind the till. Either way It's not the end of the world. My mate got a copy for retail price so he's happy.

I ordered another one for another mate so I'll see how that turns up.

Well I received mine today and is as good as new, sealed with security sticker etc.

So not all are returns but must be the last remaining copies.

Totally. Just glad these came back and are available.

Glad you managed to get a sealed one. I love this steel.

I am gonna sound like a Broken Record, but this movie is one of my favorite of all time. I've seen it like 6 times already and listen to the OST and SCORE almost every Day. I am not a fan of Musicals and ''this is not a Full On Musical'', lots of Dialogue and love the story so much also Emma and Ryan carry the film ever so effortlessly. Just have an open mind when you watch it. I never watch Bonus items and I did for this film and it was very insightful.

Lovely, just lovely :drool:

I love this musical. Although I am a big fan of musicals in general (probably why I love Disney films too, I'm with you on Frozen). I know It's not like Les Miserable where they sing every line but It's more like Little Shop of Horrors which I love.

I've heard the OST so many times now. I start work quite early and have this playing as I'm sorting things out in the morning. It's amazing!

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus and Flloydo
I would like to have the first of the photo
Unfortunately, that one sold out for a while but if you're flush available on the secondary market for around the $50 mark:-
Failing that, here are a few pics (my favourite of the three too . . . although I did like the cream mock-up more):-
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Mock-up for the cream/off-white Canadian steelbook:-
:drool:

m2223684.jpg
18011408_1442905699094382_914412010630807552_n.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Masta Norris
Unfortunately, that one sold out for a while but if you're flush available on the secondary market for around the $50 mark:-
Failing that, here are a few pics (my favourite of the three too . . . although I did like the cream mock-up more):-
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
Schermata 2017-08-13 alle 14.24.40.png

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
I like them all individually but for once IMO the Uk comes out on top........ Until manta show us their design anyway. I'm hoping manta use a Walter Mitty approach and keep it simple with the dancing image but bigger than the Japanese version and emboss them both like they did with Mitty. That will be gold

I like all 3 versions but US version is the most elegant for me hence the winner. Next is UK version and not sure why I even bough the JP version.

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus