Last movie seen at theater?

Jan 30, 2009
England
http://www.movietickets.com | http://www.fandango.com
full-preview.png

What was the last movie you saw in theater or the next one you plan on seeing?

Enjoys Guys & Girls :)

Attachments

• tickets1.gif
    tickets1.gif
    25.8 KB · Views: 17,147
Last edited by a moderator:
Mad Max: Fury Road - a brutal monster of a movie, packed with almost non-stop action, some incredible stunts and great cinematography.

I'm sure it'll only improve with repeated viewings to become a pretty instant classic.

Desk

Reactions: harry
Watched Jurassic World this weekend. Not a perfect movie by any means. Felt a little forced at times but still lots of fun. I enjoyed Chris Pratt and his raptor pals.

I had a chance to check out MINIONS today, and even though I've been mixed on the Despicable Me franchise so far I think this is the best entry yet. It's not a perfect film by any means, but it is funny, clever and charming enough to hold your attention. There are plenty of comedic moments that will fly over kids heads, heck there is even a scene near the end that you could tell was definitely influenced by the ending elevator sequence in Cabin In The Woods. Sandra Bullock did a wonderful job voicing Scarlet Overkill and bringing that character to life. The film ended and I wanted to see more of her and more than just the villainous side. The problem with the film falls with the actual story, it's alright but it drags the fun and pace of the film down at times. The main reason why you see this film is for Kevin, Bob and Stuart to be Minions and have fun goofing around. When they're just being themselves and having fun those were the best parts of the film. The second half of the film suffers from too much side story and goofy over-the-top action, it's watchable but it doesn't have nearly the same comedic or emotional impact that INSIDE OUT offers in spades. Minions is a breezy and for the most part entertaining film that in my opinion out-does the predecessors, just don't go into it with sky high expectations and you'll have a blast. Also, the ending of this film is easily my favorite scene from the entire franchise, so many laughs and great fan moments (and a special cameo) all in one little scene. I hope to see more Minion movies, I think there's more stories they could tell and I'd be all in for seeing them. I give MINIONS a 7.5 out of 10.

I went 4 for 4...

Monday - The Terminator (special theatrical screening)
Tuesday - Terminator Genisys
Wednesday - Merchants of Doubt
Thursday - Me and Earl and the Dying Girl

Everybody needs to check out the documentary Merchants of Doubt. Excellent documentary about the individuals that are hired by the tobacco, oil and other big companies to pose as scientific authorities in the public and cast doubt on the real scientific proof that might bring harm to their industries. (Remember when we "weren't sure" about the links between cigarettes and major health risks? The proof was always there, but big tobacco had enough money and influence to cast doubt and convince the public that cigarettes were safe.) Really eye-opening.

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl was really good. I was expecting something super-special and it didn't quite live up to that. Still hella funny though.