Attachments

• 81VI1ys-f1L._SL1069_.jpg
    81VI1ys-f1L._SL1069_.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 244
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 260
Last edited by a moderator:
I still have doubts if that's a jumbo . The image of the product on the site , which is not yet released , is not sufficient for this test.
I've seen some steels that selling advertising, for example, three discs , however, there is only case for two, and the third disc is placed in an envelope .
This can occur : one size g2 steel standard with four case and an envelope with the digital copy .
Anyway , I'm not so sure that it is a jumbo . I wanted to make sure that before sending my . Can anyone confirm ? It is written somewhere that it was jumbo ?

I still have doubts if that's a jumbo . The image of the product on the site , which is not yet released , is not sufficient for this test.
I've seen some steels that selling advertising, for example, three discs , however, there is only case for two, and the third disc is placed in an envelope .
This can occur : one size g2 steel standard with four case and an envelope with the digital copy .
Anyway , I'm not so sure that it is a jumbo . I wanted to make sure that before sending my . Can anyone confirm ? It is written somewhere that it was jumbo ?

Its 100% a Jumbo its 5 Discs
Will be very similar to The Hobbit Unexpected Journey Extended Steelbook

5 Discs is 100% so can only be a Jumbo
2 Blu-ray Discs
3 DVD Discs

You should see photos by end of this week

Last edited:
Reactions: jonnie123
Steelbook not amazing looking based on photos but still keeping my order with AmazonUK as price was £14.65 when I ordered months ago

Could have looked better but will wait till I have it in the flesh to give my overall view
At least I got it cheap

Reactions: psychoscot
Steelbook not amazing looking based on photos but still keeping my order with AmazonUK as price was £14.65 when I ordered months ago

Could have looked better but will wait till I have it in the flesh to give my overall view
At least I got it cheap

Same mate :thumbs: Don't own them on blu ray yet and £14.65 is a fair price for a 5 disc set.

Reactions: paulboland
Same mate :thumbs: Don't own them on blu ray yet and £14.65 is a fair price for a 5 disc set.

I already have the extended trilogy blu-ray box set and that is very nice
But I like Lord of the rings films and don't mind double dipping

At first I was no to Jumbo Steelbook but with these make an exception
They look like books these jumbo steelbooks if we have all 3 films on a shelf so I hope they release
Extended Steelbooks for
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Reactions: psychoscot
FYI you can get the trilogy set (15 discs) for £20 in HMV

Fantastic plastic of course :thumbs:

Yeah I know, was tempted to pick it up. I've made do with my extended DVD's till now so glad I held off. These steels will look nice next to each other. :D

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

I already have the extended trilogy blu-ray box set and that is very nice
But I like Lord of the rings films and don't mind double dipping

At first I was no to Jumbo Steelbook but with these make an exception
They look like books these jumbo steelbooks if we have all 3 films on a shelf so I hope they release
Extended Steelbooks for
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Fingers crossed they do all of them.

Not a jumbo fan either, but these I will make an exception for ;)

I like the look of it from monere's pics, but am a bit on the fence regarding jumbo steels generally, especially if they are a single film as opposed to a trilogy etc.

I agree I'm not all that hot about jumbos either. Had they put all the extras on Blu-ray too they could have cut down on the discs and made it a standard size steelbook. Oh well, as The Rolling Stones once said; ♫ "Can't Always Get What You Want" ♫.

Some pages ago someone "dreamed" with embossed ring and framed. And here it is. But there will always be people who don't like it. I love what I see and I'll be happy to sell my boxset once TTT and ROTK come out, which I hope will happen this fall for TTT and next year around this time for ROTK if not sooner. These will look great with Hobbit 1 jumbo and (hopefully) parts 2 and 3 of those.