Purchase link: Maleficent (sold-out)
Price: £24.99
Notes: 4,000 copies, Full gloss finish

01.jpg

02.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg
Maleficent.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
it's a shame that they are so few steels of this one, I don't get it it's Disney it should have had taiwan and Korea steel release as well...even Japan...

didn't have the choice they are so expensive on ebay(that was with shipping fees as well that cost me almost the cost of 1 steel), I was waiting on Zavvi's reply but they are not fast enough and it was OOS when I woke up, it's one steel I regretted not buying and when I decided to buy was going to only get one but I just wanted at least one sealed copy if I open one...but I regret more buying my Nova choice and exclusive this month than this. :notworthy:

I'm really sorry that you felt eBay was your only option...If I needed a couple of copies urgently, I would have posted in the forum "Looking for X Steelbook" and stated my budget of $100 delivered...

Reactions: Actarus and harry
they had 10 copies when I went to bed late last night, couldn't buy as my country wasn't on the list it stated must contact zavvi which I did, funny cause from their website they ship to me, so when I get up they are OOS. I had to pick myself 2 copies on ebay cost me over 200$ but can't pass on this :confused:

..I'm gonna have to eat light for the rest of the month :bag:

Whaaaaaat?!?
You don't even know what it looks like...
There is no rationalising or justifying that.
O_O

LOL, 800+ available and then pulled next day...Anybody got a nice conspiracy theory?

Yeah they saw all the comments on here and realised some of us might actually report their actions. Putting items on eBay after it has gone past release day is fine, but lying and saying an item is sold out just days after preorder launch. Then putting a quarter of the stock at higher prices on there IS going to see them in hot water. Outlet stores are for older stock not new items they have just launched. Hence the 1000 became 10 and quickly ended. There really isn't any other "sensible" explanation. Steels normally come back in stock, this hasn't, they were just trying to get more money and got found out. As Paul said a few pages they tried this on Aladdin and gave him a free steel when he challenged them. Obviously they didn't learn their lesson.

Having said that, this turns out silver they will see a lot of returns. Which they will then resell most likely at higher prices on there.

Yet again Zavvi have soured a release.

• Informative
Reactions: Actarus
Well, 900+ where available to buy yesterday...Info a few pages back :thumbs:

It could have stated a million copies, it doesn't mean they actually have them. I think people give far too much credit to Zavvi in regards to certain tactics they supposedly employ. They can't even add a 'coming soon' or similar button to their product pages for Steelbooks that haven't gone live, they can't alter an address on a pre-order, discount codes work on items they aren't supposed to and the website is full of bugs. Yet people think they are capable of masterminding ridiculous scenarios like this. Are they purposely holding back the artwork because it is going to be rubbish? Possibly or it might just be that they haven't received the artwork from Disney or someone forgot to update the listing. Are they purposely listing it on eBay to make extra money? Possibly or it might be that it is a practice Zavvi regularly employees to promote its products in other avenues and most of their staff are oblivious to the hobby.

snooloui.....can i ask....after reading the above post.....do you work for Zavvi??? :thumbs::thumbs:

Of course they are!!! After the debacle of V For Vendetta where copies were put up on Ebay & Amazon at inflated prices when people spending their hard earned money had received damaged copies due to Zavvi's preposterous decision to put steelbooks in crappy A1 mailers!!!!

Zavvi are one of the WORST internet companies out there!!! FACT!!!:hilarious::hilarious:

I'm really sorry that you felt eBay was your only option...If I needed a couple of copies urgently, I would have posted in the forum "Looking for X Steelbook" and stated my budget of $100 delivered...

I don't know how to do that and I have hear really bad story of people selling on here so it never crossed my mind as I wasn't seeing it as an option, there was David(I believe's GB) but too many people were asking for it so I figured I wouldn't have a chance and he also stated that OOS items are not certain. didn't want this to pass me buy.

Well sometimes Steels get released later in other territories...so you never know?

Yes true but I am a ''what if'' type of person so I didn't want to take a chance. Already my Taiwan Contact confirmed that there would be no Steelbook from Taiwan for this release and the Spain one which is beautiful but no 3D... I don't know I am more upset as last night I was ready to BIN on zavvi ebay outlet but my country for shipping wasn't in their drop down menu and I don't get it as from their website my country is in their drop down menu :confused: wish I had known before about their ebay store but don't understand why it's available on their ebay and not on their website as they definitely had copies still available for pre orders. Oh well, so I paid 3 x the price oh gosh :bag:

Reactions: justhedudeman
I don't know how to do that and I have hear really bad story of people selling on here so it never crossed my mind as I wasn't seeing it as an option, there was David(I believe's GB) but too many people were asking for it so I figured I wouldn't have a chance and he also stated that OOS items are not certain. didn't want this to pass me buy.

Yes true but I am a ''what if'' type of person so I didn't want to take a chance. Already my Taiwan Contact confirmed that there would be no Steelbook from Taiwan for this release and the Spain one which is beautiful but no 3D... I don't know I am more upset as last night I was ready to BIN on zavvi ebay outlet but my country for shipping wasn't in their drop down menu and I don't get it as from their website my country is in their drop down menu :confused: wish I had known before about their ebay store but don't understand why it's available on their ebay and not on their website as they definitely had copies still available for pre orders. Oh well, so I paid 3 x the price oh gosh :bag:

Yes, just stating as an additional possibility...;)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Actarus
snooloui.....can i ask....after reading the above post.....do you work for Zavvi??? :thumbs::thumbs:

Of course they are!!! After the debacle of V For Vendetta where copies were put up on Ebay & Amazon at inflated prices when people spending their hard earned money had received damaged copies due to Zavvi's preposterous decision to put steelbooks in crappy A1 mailers!!!!

Zavvi are one of the WORST internet companies out there!!! FACT!!!:hilarious::hilarious:

But we are still buying from them, me included...

I've bought a fair few items from people selling on here dude. It's a far safer way than eBay etc. This a community and admin do their very best to make sure the trades are done without problems. You can't say that about eBay. Seriously mate in future put what you want in the wants page and you will find many people will be happy to help often at little more than cost.

I understand you don't want to miss this, but spending that, when you could have got it most likely at around cost from a forum member who will lovingly box it up safely for you, is a lesson learned. I've never heard a bad story about Trades on here :)

Trust in your forum dude ;)

"sorry to go completely off topic"

Back to Dame Angie :D

what's worse I had cancelled a copy when a bunch of us here were boycotting them to change their mailing packages...I had one pre-ordered and cancelled all my copies to support the cause as it wasn't right for them to ship poorly protected steels, but after it was too late already OOS it sold so fast and yet they were on ebay all that time...

Reactions: justhedudeman
what's worse I had cancelled a copy when a bunch of us here were boycotting them to change their mailing packages...I had one pre-ordered and cancelled all my copies to support the cause as it wasn't right for them to ship poorly protected steels, but after it was too late already OOS it sold so fast and yet they were on ebay all that time...
Where do you live?

it's ok, I've been looking 5 times+ a day last month on zavvi to see if I get a time they get back in Pre-order available but never did, so all I need to worry about now if zavvi shipping to the ebay seller safely, at least I have this, so if they are damaged I am covered... and the shipping to me that I worry less, but it's done. hopefully I'll receive them OCD as requested, very friendly and understanding seller so that part makes me feel comfortable. I wish I hadn't cancelled my copy but it's done so I tried to find the cheapest on ebay as some go higher than what I pay and lots of auctions but I never participate in auctions I just BIN on what I want... I wish I wouldn't have found this movie so visually beautiful and loved the story...lesson learned = don't boycott zavvi lol but it's rare a release when they do a steelbook that so few country release it, usually so many Asian releases, wonder why this Disney movie got such a limited steel release, but like digitalbabe stated, big chance they start popping up after the release, you never know...

You should always check here first, I remember writing in the Rush steelbook thread how gutted I was that I didn't pick up a copy and within the hour I had a direct message from a member offering me a Rush steelbook.