Matrix Trilogy (Blu-ray Metal Tin) [France]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking they might do one in Canada for Matrix Reloaded, since they have been clearing out the amaray version at BB, FS and Wal-mart for about $7. But then I found out they are releasing a combo pack of the last two films soon.

TS-ah, makes sense. I do hope someone seizes the opportunity to release the films in separate G2 Steels. Not that I advocate re-releasing, and re-releasing, but from their perspective it would be one way to resell the sequels, despite the fact that many considered them mediocre. It would be very cool, if the art on each somehow interlocked (Green/Black, symbols). Obviously all wishful thinking...

That definitely doesn't look like final art work, but it still looks like G1 to me. Plus it's Warner, is it's likely they've "gone back" to G2's, when they said they were going to do G1's, going forward?

That definitely doesn't look like final art work, but it still looks like G1 to me. Plus it's Warner, is it's likely they've "gone back" to G2's, when they said they were going to do G1's, going forward?

Now I'm all messed up. Art for Universal that looks like G1 but Art for Warner that looks G2. And they're supposed to be opposite of what it looks like.

But, I will qualify this - Warner France, I believe, did state all Blu-ray + DVD combo steelbooks would be G1. This is a blu-ray ONLY steelbook.

I think they made that distinction.

Hmmmm. :naughty:

Yeah, I hope this is G2, and that we do see separate Steelbooks for these movies. I was not a fan of the sequels, but they could do some cool things with the art. Hopefully we'll know soon, either way, you gotta love all the guessin':)

I'm confused. This is a 3 disc steelbook, that looks G2, but The Dark Knight and Batman Begins steelbook, which holds 2 discs, looks G1 :wtf:

I'm confused. This is a 3 disc steelbook, that looks G2, but The Dark Knight and Batman Begins steelbook, which holds 2 discs, looks G1 :wtf:

We were told that they were using the wrong image @ Amazon.fr for the Universal steelbooks - so it was my HOPE that maybe Matrix Trilogy would be G2 (as it looks it to me), and that maybe BB / TDK would be G2 too - and that amazon.fr messed the Batman one up up like they did with the Universal ones.

It does say that the Matrix Trilogy is ONLY 3 discs and that BB / TDK is 2 - so that sounds like an all blu-ray release to me. :wtf:

We were told that they were using the wrong image @ Amazon.fr for the Universal steelbooks - so it was my HOPE that maybe Matrix Trilogy would be G2 (as it looks it to me), and that maybe BB / TDK would be G2 too - and that amazon.fr messed the Batman one up up like they did with the Universal ones.

It does say that the Matrix Trilogy is ONLY 3 discs and that BB / TDK is 2 - so that sounds like an all blu-ray release to me. :wtf:

I know it's early and anything could change, however, as of now, it's very confusing. I just don't see the need to make a set G1, if no DVD's are included in the packaging. That would be great if The Matrix was G2. I'm all over it if it is! Then again, if no other countries release this as a steelbook, then we may have to all settle on G1 :ohno:

Now up for pre-order @ 28,79 euro.

I'll put a small order in for a potential group buy - we can discuss this further if they are indeed G2.

Reactions: digitalbabe
I am planning on ordering one regardless but just so I know would this steel be code free or region A playable or would it be code locked??

Warner is typically region free - they do not often release region locked discs.

However, a good general rule of thumb, especially on these re-releases is to see if the previously released disc has been reported as region free or not.

I often go to any of the couple "region free" disc reporting sites (just google it) and look them up that way. :D

Reactions: thedonguillermo79