Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater

no way its actually sold out.. it says they sold 200 copies
angry.gif

So... it's a remake of MGS3: Snake Eater?
We're well in the games remake era I suppose, which actually isn't bad, if all they did, was upgrade graphics.

So... 'Deluxe' is better, since it has cards, that the one with the dumb plastic display doesn't...

So... it's £90? When did games grow 3× in price. I'm not paying $120 for 1 (ONE, UNO, EIN) game...

We're well in the games remake era I suppose, which actually isn't bad, if all they did, was upgrade graphics.

So... 'Deluxe' is better, since it has cards, that the one with the dumb plastic display doesn't...

So... it's £90? When did games grow 3× in price. I'm not paying $120 for 1 (ONE, UNO, EIN) game...
Full remake of Snake Eater but using the original audio/voice tracks. Typical current-gen games are £50-70 at launch these days depending on the title/studio, so deluxe editions usually drop in around £90-100. It's very, very rare that I buy games at launch these days, Final Fantasy, Silent Hill and possibly this being the exception.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lenny Nero

I remember Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart releasing at €80 here which was very hefty especially as I found it pretty disappointing. Graphically it was superb but there was little else that stood out to me and it didn't have much (if any) replay value alongside being short.

€80 for this is hefty too especially for what is pretty much a 1:1 remake with some added/improvements to gameplay options. But I think prices have been threatening to climb up to this level for a while. I still remember that period of a few years during the PS3/X360 era where almost every new title here (and across mainland Europe if I remember correctly) was hitting €70-€75, and that was over 15 years ago.

• Wow
Reactions: Lenny Nero
I would like for certain sections to be expanded or for new content to be added in but I'm not quite sure how they're going to do that while using the original voice tracks. It's possible they could add in cut content from the original if they still have it, or record new voice tracks if they absolutely need to.

My backlog is so large, the only reason why I would buy a Day 1 video game is: A) If it comes with physical goodies or B) If it's a franchise that I love and would want to play right away. Otherwise, I don't bother anymore and buy everything else either on sale or second-hand market.

Reactions: hatredhorror