Mighty Ape - SteelBook Retailer Thread [New Zealand]

No thread yet and I know they do not have many steelbooks, but I thought I would give a warning to those who do not know about their packaging.

Order 2 x X-Men: First Class metalpaks because of a sale. Listed as SBs on the site, but as you can see they are not.

One looks worse than the other, but trust me the other is not in good shape either.

CIMG4148a.JPG

View attachment 21868

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a bummer Roseart:(, I had my x-men also yesterday, but luckily my one copy was in perfect nick.

There was some discussion whether this was a SB or metal pack at the time I ordered it, but TBH, I like it. The delivery time was 12 days, so I suppose that could put quite a few punters off:cool:

CS was efficient and because I forgot the time difference, I felt a bit of a numpty getting aggrieved when they seemed to ignore my email:emb:

Last edited:
AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID Mighty Ape

Let me share my experience with Mighty Ape. THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!! I have never dealt with a worse company in my years of steelbook collecting. They will fight you with everything they can if something goes wrong with your order. In my case they sent me the wrong items and then the ones they did send correctly they came mangled (I mean completely mangled) becuase of there packaging. The packaging is horrible! They flat out refused to replace the steelbook and the items they sent incorrectly they argued that I was wrong for even saying so to them!

And there website's policy cleary states policies otherwise but they dont give a hoot. So I had to file a paypal claim against them which they also fought so I got tired half way during the paypal dispute and just filed a claim with my credit card company who gave me all my money back and I sent them there sh^t items back so they can shove em up where the sun don't shine.

Avoid, Avoid, Avoid ordering from this garbage company (IMO of course). :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Reactions: roseart