Mondo Mondo shipping cost reduction

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Mondo Music Weekly Newsletter 4/18:

Yes, you read that right! We are very conscious of the amount of records that we release (and that you guys buy) and the shipping costs involved. We all know shipping records is very, very expensive and we feel your pain. I understand when Death Waltz made the jump from being a UK-based company to one operating out of the USA, it upset a lot of European folks as suddenly they were paying double for shipping. Myself and Mo are very conscious that as both Mondo and Death Waltz have collectors all over the world that simply cant afford to buy every release due to rising shipping costs.

This is where the unsung heroes of our company come in: Bryan Brooks and our shipping team (check them out here) have been working on reducing shipping over the last few months... and Praise Mothra they have done it! We are thrilled to announce that starting this Wednesday, April 20th, we’ll be live beta testing the reduced shipping rates - domestic and worldwide.

Some of these reduced rates are modest and some are very significant indeed. Obviously, we may have a few teething problems here and there, but we want to pass these savings onto you guys as quickly as possible. Come Wednesday you should see very favorable shipping rates, and to help test this, we’ll be restocking the store with a few choice restocks on previously sold out tiles including a few sought after box sets! I hope that you guys are going to be thrilled about this - because we certainly are - and just wanted to tell you that we are always listening to your feedback. Not only are we continually trying to create better product for you guys, but also the way you buy it.

Please give us your feedback over the next week if you buy anything from the store. And for those hoping this was a Twin Peaks update, I’ll just say this: it is in production and we’ll have a release date for you very, VERY soon!

Thanks,

Spencer and Mo, your friendly neighborhood wax slinging team

---------

Awesome news for us collectors in Europe or outside of the US!
And re-stock of sold out titles including Box Sets ??? Maybe Last of Us Boxset!? :wow:

@C2V3N @Noodles @Spike Anderson @wongsifu @spass @Tacozilla @Travis Bickle @Slinchafi

Mondo Music Weekly Newsletter 4/18:

Yes, you read that right! We are very conscious of the amount of records that we release (and that you guys buy) and the shipping costs involved. We all know shipping records is very, very expensive and we feel your pain. I understand when Death Waltz made the jump from being a UK-based company to one operating out of the USA, it upset a lot of European folks as suddenly they were paying double for shipping. Myself and Mo are very conscious that as both Mondo and Death Waltz have collectors all over the world that simply cant afford to buy every release due to rising shipping costs.

This is where the unsung heroes of our company come in: Bryan Brooks and our shipping team (check them out here) have been working on reducing shipping over the last few months... and Praise Mothra they have done it! We are thrilled to announce that starting this Wednesday, April 20th, we’ll be live beta testing the reduced shipping rates - domestic and worldwide.

Some of these reduced rates are modest and some are very significant indeed. Obviously, we may have a few teething problems here and there, but we want to pass these savings onto you guys as quickly as possible. Come Wednesday you should see very favorable shipping rates, and to help test this, we’ll be restocking the store with a few choice restocks on previously sold out tiles including a few sought after box sets! I hope that you guys are going to be thrilled about this - because we certainly are - and just wanted to tell you that we are always listening to your feedback. Not only are we continually trying to create better product for you guys, but also the way you buy it.

Please give us your feedback over the next week if you buy anything from the store. And for those hoping this was a Twin Peaks update, I’ll just say this: it is in production and we’ll have a release date for you very, VERY soon!

Thanks,

Spencer and Mo, your friendly neighborhood wax slinging team

---------

Awesome news for us collectors in Europe or outside of the US!
And re-stock of sold out titles including Box Sets ??? Maybe Last of Us Boxset!? :wow:

@C2V3N @Noodles @Spike Anderson @wongsifu @spass @Tacozilla @Travis Bickle @Slinchafi
Fantastic news! Got to keep my eyes out for those restocks too... no doubt they'll go quick as always. :ohno:

Thanks for sharing mate. :thumbs:

Reactions: dan8885
That's great news. It has been easy to pass on "not must haves" because of high shipping costs.

Yea when I got this email too I was thrilled, what has put me off ordering often from mondo is the shipping costs. Hope we see some good titles being restocked, might pick one or two up depending what they are

I don't really know HDN rules.. so forgive if I'm not allowed to say this, but if someone is looking to buy a TLOU box set (not mint), I have one I can ship in Europe ! PM me for pics and infos ;) @Noodles

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles
I don't really know HDN rules.. so forgive if I'm not allowed to say this, but if someone is looking to buy a TLOU box set (not mint), I have one I can ship in Europe ! PM me for pics and infos ;) @Noodles
You're now free to talk about items you want or have for sale in release threads, so thank you for sharing mate. :)

PM incoming! :thumbs:

Reactions: martinouchou
Totally forgot about this yesterday. Shipping is for me down from 20 usd to 12 usd. Fair enough!

I pretty sure now where this coming from. They added recently the Birth.Movies.Death magazine to their distribution. And I was worried since I ordered with BMD direct and they charged a shipping of 10. Mondo charged 25 USD. I asked them and they said they'll work something out for the next issues with DHL. And now the shipping is down to 12 USD for the magazine and for vinyl too ;) Pretty sure that's where the price reduction is coming from.

Reactions: Sigill
Thanks buddy. Got home late yesterday and missed it. Hope you were able to get one. I might pick this up on the aftermarket for a resonable price at some point.

If anybody on the forum wants to get rid of his or hers please send me a pm.
Sorry to hear you missed it mate... that sucks. :(

It's too expensive for me, so I passed. Plus I actually prefer the artwork on the individual releases, which seem to be available at quite a few places online, so I'll probably wait for a price drop on those and then pick them up. :)

Reactions: Spike Anderson
That happens. I should be able to get one for a good price soon because the demand isn't really high and many people prefer the individual releases with Matt Taylor's artwork. I really have no clue why people buy this pretty expensive box set and try to flip it on the secondary market just to gain 20 bucks profit.

Reactions: Noodles