Monsters University (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection #2) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: November 25th, 2013
Price: £23.99
Buy Link: Monsters University LIVE!!
The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10831199-1378486144-283787.jpg

10831199-1378486218-420282.jpg

10831199-1378486201-127193.jpg

10831199-1378486183-979116.jpg

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 371
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 411
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 402
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 400
Last edited by a moderator:
Well the numbers for 3D uptake are pretty pathetic so I wouldn't hold my breath on (m)any UK steelbooks including the 3D option.

I love how this thread is going : two pages of Zavvi bashing, then a page of defending it :p.

I can't believe all this Zavvi hate when you know that they recently chose the art of a few of their upcoming steelbooks (Wicked Man inside art, Olympus Has Fallen back and front cover) based on the votes taking place here, on HDN.

Granted, I've never had the displeasure of getting a damaged steelbook from them thus far, I don't have any reason to be disappointed : free international shipping (given the price they make us pay, it's the least they can do, pity for UK customers though), lots of new steels — say what you want but I'm glad they're producing this many steels, it's not like if they suddenly start producing two a year they'll both be magnificent beyond belief. As a newcomer in the steelbook world, I don't care if it's new editions of some earlier wave, or if it was released in another country.

Zavvi is flooding the market, and I'm loving it, I prefer a flood to a drought - but I'd obviously prefer if other UK suppliers had the means to compete with them, of course.

To be honest, when I started reading many threads around here, the word "sticker" often came up, and how so many people paid a lot of attention to it. At first, I thought "it can't be... they can't spend that much money on a steelbook from God knows where just because of a piece of paper glued to the wrapping", or based their purchases on how few were printed (even though sometimes it looks almost the same as another country's cheaper steelbook). Unless you intend on selling them yourself, I can't understand that. Printed back or not, I don't care. G1-size? That's a shame, but hey, I have already a few G1-sized steelbooks regrouped together, it'll just be one more. Stickerbooks? No racism in my house, they're welcome too. No inside art, printed banner? That sucks too, but if I like the front/cover and above all the film, I won't hesitate to buy.

My point is, I'm not that picky with steelbooks. If zavvi's Monsters University looks good and costs €25 and if BluFan's edition looks amazing and costs me €45, I'll go with good. At the end of the day, it's just a box holding a film, as we've seen from zavvi in the past, their Disney steelbooks are fine.

I'm sure BluFans is amazing, and I'm looking forward to their take on Oz: The Great and Powerful as there is no other country producing it, but when there's a cheaper option, then I go with it unless it's awful (I doubt this one will be), screw the fact that it isn't as rare.

EDIT — Also, slipcovers : I don't get that too. If I buy a steelbook, I want to see metal, not a printed card.

Last edited:
Reactions: roadie and Steeler
yes, we have to give credits to Zavvi`s Disney releases. Nemo is the best IMO.

It will be interesting to see who will come up the best arts, Zavvi or Blufans.

Let the battle begin! :cool: :scat:

Reactions: Xavier
If the artwork is good then i'm in, stuff 3D, I hate it with a passion.

Me too, can't be bothered with all this 3D either, my mate has a huge 3D TV and the movies look good but not out of this world, 3D movies will never be as good as they are at the cinema, they are meant too be watched on the big screen and that's where they should stay.

As a steelbook collector from Non-Europe countries, it's a good news that zavvi gets this exclusive as zavvi offers just £1 international shipping fee.

If play.com or hmv get this exclusive, I have to spend at least £10 extra to get it.

Looking forward to see the artwork. I'll be 100% going for the blufans edition, but when it comes to Disney steels, there is no such thing as too many editions. :thumbs:

Have to think about the cost I guess but have generally been impressed with the Disney steels from Zavvi... So will have to think about this one vs Blu fans although may go for one to keep sealed and one to open and use for viewing.

It will be interesting to see if the differences between the German and the British releases of Monsters University will be similar to the ones we saw for a previous Pixar title, Finding Nemo... Unless Disney applies the Marvel method with a unique steelbook for all countries.