Movies filming near you..

splax23

Premium Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
The D
I dont know about everyone else but but its rare to see so many movies being filmed all at once here in michigan. now that michigan has some big incentives they are filming everywhere. right now there are 3 that I know of filming in detroit and Ive been driving by the sets daily while im working. the big one is the Red Dawn remake. I was just talking to someone involved with another movie Crave (Ron Pearlman) because they were filming a scene right where we were working. and then there is Vanishing on 7th Street (Hayden Christensen). Im sure you guys who live in cali see this all the time. i find it kind of exciting. what about anyone else?

In the past 10 years there has been a BOOM in the movie making industry here in Halifax Canada. I know I met Farrah Fawcett here when she was filming a made for TV movioe called "Baby" or something like that. I never saw it. I also saw Kelsie Grammar filming a movie called "Writer's Block", Jason Priestly filming something I don't remember the name of and Harrison Ford and Liam Neeson filming "K19-the widowmaker". K19 was prolly the biggest filmed here. All of the harbour shots were filmed here. As part of my job, I actually got to go down into one of the russian submarines they had here. Yhey had it tied up to a wharf we designed but it was never designed to dock a submarine against it. Anyhoo, was really cool, all the gauges were in russian.

Oh ya, almost forgot. The Trailer Park Boys is filmed here as well, TV show and movies. They used to tape all their shows in a real trailer park but they've been kicked out of all of them so they had to create their own, hahah. You see those idiots all the time at the grocery stores and stuff. Bubbles actually used to be in a cover band around here called Sandbox Legacy that later changed the name to Sandbox and recorded an album.

trailer park boys location

where the Widowmaker was docked

that's not the Widowmaker docked in this photo. it's MUCH larger and the only thing that was real about it was the perch.

Last edited:
That's awesome!... I live in a desert, kinda rare when they film something here but I remember when they filmed Three Kings here and a movie with Jamie Foxx(not sure what it was) but everyone complained about him because he wanted all of his furniture taken out of his hotel room, so instead they rented him a house or something.

Part of Transformers 2 was filmed 10 minutes away from home I remember seeing the Autobots and Decepticons cars being towed in the freeway!

Live Free or Die Hard closed the freeway 105 for like 2 days because of the filming (scene where the jet is following the truck under the freeway).

Primary Colors had some filming in San Pedro (where I live) back in the day.

Boston Public filmed an episode in San Pedro High School.

Pirates of the Caribbean was shot off the coast of San Pedro and Palos Verdes, I remember seeing the pirate ship at the marina.

There's plenty of more films that have used Thomas Bridge to remember. That's 2 blocks away from my house.

Friday After Next filmed a scene in San Pedro as well.

Currently I've been passing through the streets while they are filming NCIS: Los Angeles.

There's probably more but I can't remember. That's just all I can think of.

i think its called Unstopable? its stars denzel washington. not sure if it started filming yet, but it's being filmed in tyrone, pa. that is about 45 minutes from me. that mothman movie was filmed about 45 minutes away also. and countless movies in pittsburgh.

That's awesome!... I live in a desert, kinda rare when they film something here but I remember when they filmed Three Kings here and a movie with Jamie Foxx(not sure what it was) but everyone complained about him because he wanted all of his furniture taken out of his hotel room, so instead they rented him a house or something.

was the Foxx movie called "the kingdom"?

Man I loved The Kingdom!

Death Proof scene was filmed where Lived in Austin for like 2 years. Tried to get a haircut that day and they were shooting in the same parking lot. Funny thing I was mad cause I couldnt get my hair cut and I shoulda pulled in to see what was going on cause the street was still open.

I love that film :) But it could of also been Jarhead ???

loved jarhead.

the movies i know of that was taped around where i lay my head is

BAD BOYS 1 AND 2
FAST AND FURSIOUS 2
MIAMI VICE probally a few more i aint a big movie guys so if they run buy me with guns it's like the norm here:cool: