Mulholland Drive - 20th Anniversary (4K + Blu-ray Collector's Edition) (StudioCanal) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 22, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - Zoom UK
Price: £40.00 (Amazon) - £39.99 (Zavvi - HMV) - £32.99 (Zoom)
Notes: 2021 4K Restoration

91bhQAysvmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Extras:
This 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition includes 4K restoration (approved by David Lynch) on UHD and Blu-ray in inner digipack, 2 posters and set of 5 artcards, booklet including essays from Anna Smith and David Jenkins packaged in an outer clamshell box featuring all new artwork.

Special Features and Technical Specs:
  • 4K RESTORATION OF THE FILM SUPERVISED BY DAVID LYNCH
  • Back to Mulholland Drive - Featurette
  • On the Road to Mulholland Drive - Featurette
  • Interview with Laura Harring
  • In the Blue Box - Featurette
  • Interview with Mary Sweeney
  • Interview with Angelo Badalamenti
  • Introduction by Thierry Jousse
  • Two posters
  • Five artcards
  • Illustrated booklet including essays from Anna Smith and David Jenkins packaged in an outer clamshell box featuring all new artwork.
  • 4K BLU-RAY/BLU-RAY COMBO RELEASE
  • 4K BLU-RAY: REGION-FREE
  • BLU-RAY: REGION-B "LOCKED"
  • Optional English SDH subtitles for the main feature

Last edited:
Reactions: Grendel
Was hoping for a nice studiocanal 4k neo-noir steelbook collection on my shelf. I will order Blood Simple together with Mulholland Drive from Criterion instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrSquifler
Since I already got the Criterion BD in 2015, better to overpay 1.5x for this edition for a different booklet, extras, and digipack, that was not shown, plus 5 cards.

Since I already got the Criterion BD in 2015, better to overpay 1.5x for this edition for a different booklet, extras, and digipack, that was not shown, plus 5 cards.
You also getting a new 4K restoration StudioCanal done in 2021
The 2015 release is a older restoration

Criterion 4K UHD release also using the new 2021 restoration from StudioCanal

Why did the artwork had to be so bad on the Collectors edition?! It makes me feel like I should just stream the 4K, looking at that artwork is killing my Favourite movie of all times!

You also getting a new 4K restoration StudioCanal done in 2021
The 2015 release is a older restoration

Criterion 4K UHD release also using the new 2021 restoration from StudioCanal
I know, that's what I meant, choosing between the two UHD editions.

I cancelled my preorder just two days before release date, after seeing the unboxing. Just felt it not so worthy 40 pounds, comparing with CC's half price during black Friday.

Not a stunner, but I´ve seen worse. Nice building quality and the print is ok. Still don´t like the face in the background. Why create a completely new artwork and the mix it with a common one?