My Living Room

Aug 29, 2012
Glasgow, Scotland
hey guys, thought i'd share my living room with you guys. some pix and a video below

i have a 4 year old panasonic 50inch plasma. it's hooked up to sky+ hd, xbox 360 slim, sony blu ray player. hoping to get a surround sound system at some point, maybe a bigger tv for the living room and moving this one into the bedroom

also have a big L shaped brown sofa, measures approx 3metres by 3metres with some led lighting behind it to create a nice atmosphere. the led lighting has a few different effects, and the brightness and speed can be adjusted. the sofa has a adjustable headrests and one of the ends is open ended and adjustable too. the leds are a new addition so havent fixed them properly, just with sellotape to see how it would look. i appreciate it may not be to everyone's taste.

comments welcome

video -

IMG_5573.jpg

IMG_5593.jpg

IMG_5574.jpg

IMG_5577.jpg

IMG_5576.jpg

IMG_5578.jpg

IMG_5579.jpg

IMG_5580.jpg

IMG_5583.jpg

IMG_5585.jpg

IMG_5587.jpg

IMG_5589.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks cool but it's more about the electricals than the seating for me :)

Very nice sofa :)
cheers man!
the electronics are basic at the moment. used to have them in my bedroom at my mums but bought my own place 2 years ago almost to the day (september 10th). really struggling to decide what to do for a sound system. dunno where i would mount the rear speakers if i went for a 5.1 setup

sofas from dfs, wasnt cheap lol!

Reactions: JordanBlu
cheers man!
the electronics are basic at the moment. used to have them in my bedroom at my mums but bought my own place 2 years ago almost to the day (september 10th). really struggling to decide what to do for a sound system. dunno where i would mount the rear speakers if i went for a 5.1 setup

sofas from dfs, wasnt cheap lol!

Rear speakers look like a problem. Why not try find some small stand sort of thing. Is there much space behind the sofa?

perhaps some small rear satellites but the good stuff up front. Other than that you got nice space to work with and thats the hardest part to get! Lights are cool.

perhaps some small rear satellites but the good stuff up front. Other than that you got nice space to work with and thats the hardest part to get! Lights are cool.

Yeah, I was thinking an Energy Take 5 Classic. Depending on room size though and if he wants to be able to play movies back at reference levels.

Nice! I have also setup lights like those as well. i don't have any pictures of it though. It;s a very cool idea and makes for some great mood lighting. :D