Netflix heads to UK

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Per Hacking Netflix:

Netflix issued a press release to announce that they will be offering streaming movies & TV shows in the UK and Ireland in early 2012.
Upon launch, Netflix members from the UK and Ireland will be able to instantly watch a wide array of TV shows and movies right on their TVs via a range of consumer electronics devices capable of streaming from Netflix, as well as on PCs, Macs and mobile tablets and phones. Further details about the service, including pricing, content and supported devices, will be announced closer to launch.
People interested in becoming members of Netflix in the UK or Ireland can go to www.netflix.com to sign up to receive an email alert letting them know when Netflix has launched in their country.
This will be the first international expansion where Netflix faces LoveFilm, which is owned by Amazon.

Reactions: surfury
Am I the only person who doesn't like the idea of streaming and digital downloads?
I mean, it's a great service if you do like it, but if I'm paying £15+ for a movie then I want a physical copy of it. Might not be as convinient, or environmentaly friendly, but I like to see what I'm spending my money on.

Also, Lovefilm is pretty well set up from what I can see, already streaming to PS3, can see Netflix having a hard time especially with all the bad press recently.