Jaws (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (The Film Vault Range) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 29, 2024
Purchase links: Vice Press - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV (Pre-order from Monday April 15)
Price: £49.99 (Vice Press Exclusive Poster Edition) - £29.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: Vice Press Exclusive Poster Edition limited to 300 - Hand numbered archival pigment print on 250gm Naturalis Absolute White Matt archival paper.

Jaws.jpg

jaws-film-vault-steelbook-poster-matt-ferguson-florey.png

Last edited:
I've got 6 still on preorder at Amazon as of this morning.
Is this happening randomly you think?

BTW - I ordered within a few minutes of them going live. Very odd :cyclops:
Not all were cancelled, my orders are still there, but I did order very early on the monday (1.30am..), so maybe Amazon are cancelling due to overselling and including overseas pre-orders (which they supposedly don't do, until in stock).

I just don't know, it appears random in some respects.
I ordered mine at 3.10pm after going live

Well I did a search for Blade Runner on ebay Canada this morning and some person has 25 sold with one remaining. He has 5 Jaws or something like that.
Aye, doesn't surprise me. Needs to be a better system in place with Amazon to limit order quantities for select products but I can't see it changing

Bladerunner, Jaws and Scarface I have on order with amazon and all seems to be good still. I ordered April 15th around 10am if I remember correctly. Crazy peoples orders are getting cancelled with no emails going out etc.

Blade Runner cancelled, Goodfellas still on order. Damn, BR is my fav movie, would have loved to own that steel. But I don't own Goodfellas yet so I'll be happy if I get at least that one.

So is this an oversold issue then? My Amazon ordered Scarface was cancelled, the customer assistant claimed their stock was 'delivered in unsellable state' which sounds like BS.
There's been mass cancellations for the entire range of Film vault steelbooks and some of them don't come out till August so I'd assume they lied to you; I suppose damage in transit which is no one's fault sounds better than we screwed up obtaining supply.

I do wonder about that comment from Vice Press though, they said "We wanted to be clear that we don't supply those retailers", so who is supplying Amazon here? :confused:

There's been mass cancellations for the entire range of Film vault steelbooks and some of them don't come out till August so I'd assume they lied to you; I suppose damage in transit which is no one's fault sounds better than we screwed up obtaining supply.

I do wonder about that comment from Vice Press though, they said "We wanted to be clear that we don't supply those retailers", so who is supplying Amazon here? :confused:
The Film Vault range Vice Press are just involved with regards to artwork on the releases and for selling their store exclusive posters editions.
The UK SteelBooks releases are distributed by Warner Bros it's them who supply UK/Ireland retailers with stock including suppling stock of the SteelBooks to Vice Press

Warner Bros are the distributor for Universal pictures home media DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases in UK/Ireland if you was not aware.
This is why WB Shop UK sells Jaws on DVD/Blu-ray/UHD even though it's a Universal Pictures Film.

• Informative
Reactions: sbarker
The Film Vault range Vice Press are just involved with regards to artwork on the releases and for selling their store exclusive posters editions.
The UK SteelBooks releases are distributed by Warner Bros it's them who supply retailers with stock including suppling stock of the SteelBooks to Vice Press

Warner Bros are the distributor for Universal pictures home media DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases in UK/Ireland if you was not aware.
This is why WB Shop UK sells Jaws on DVD/Blu-ray/UHD even though it's a Universal Pictures Film.
Fair enough but why would Vice Press say "we don't supply those retailers" if they're not supplying any retailers? Isn't it redundant and a non-answer if it's all on Warner?

Fair enough but why would Vice Press say "we don't supply those retailers" if they're not supplying any retailers? Isn't it redundant and a non-answer if it's all on Warner?
With Amazon UK cancelling lot of orders Vice Press just letting people know they are not the distributor aka supplier for the SteelBooks as some people might have assumed they are.

Vice Press are only selling the exclusive poster editions. (The poster and SteelBook are each shipped separately)

It was Warner Bros who decided on these film titles get SteelBook releases as part of the Film Vault Brand with Vice Press artists Matt Ferguson and Florey doing the Artwork design.