Netflix vs RedBox

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
NTFLX-RDBX.jpg

NTFLX-RDBX-2.png

Grabbed this from /Film, very nice chart.

I'm going to put it into writing right now.

I'm betting the minute that blockbuster goes under Red Box prices jump up. They've already upped their price, for no reason. Deeper market saturation SHOULD cause them to lower prices, but greed caused them to up it.

Netflix needs to get a strategy in place to deal with Red Box before they're taken out too.

the chart is wrong, you can't watch 30 movies using netflix and 1 movie out at a time. At most it would be 15, more than likely at most 10. So it barely wins.

Redbox also has Blu-rays for $1.50.

The thing against Redbox is the movie studios, half the movies don't come out on Redbox for over a month.

Also with Hastings and Family Video lowering prices to around Redbox prices, i see myself going less and less to Redbox. ($3 for blu-ray, return next day get $1.50 credit for next movie - Hastings).

the chart is wrong, you can't watch 30 movies using netflix and 1 movie out at a time. At most it would be 15, more than likely at most 10. So it barely wins.

Redbox also has Blu-rays for $1.50.

The thing against Redbox is the movie studios, half the movies don't come out on Redbox for over a month.

Also with Hastings and Family Video lowering prices to around Redbox prices, i see myself going less and less to Redbox. ($3 for blu-ray, return next day get $1.50 credit for next movie - Hastings).

Yeah. I was just having a conversation about Block Buster needing 24-hour rentals on movies and games... Unfortunately they've screwed themselves.

We don't have any Hastings, Family Video, or Hollywood Videos where I live. Only the one Block Buster... So by this time next year it'll probably only be red boxes.

Hi All,

Sorry for the big image, but I stumbled upon this thread and saw you guys were saying Horhay's chart was a bit tough to read. Here it is from site
NetflixvRedbox.png