Older OOP Steelbook titles

Do you think OOP Titles over a Year should be Archived?

• NO. It doesn't bother me, stop being a crybaby.

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • YES That's why we have threads to request wants

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ricker

Special Projects
Premium Supporter
Aug 24, 2011
Buxton Maine
Just curious if there is anybody else that looks at OOP threads thinking they are somehow available again. Only to get disappointed to see it's usually a Newbie just asking where to get one. Does anybody else think they should be archived?

Reactions: ocielz
As a fellow collector I know which are still available and which are OOP :) I see old threads getting bumped every once in a while but I've never thought that they've come back on sale. I say let the newbies ask questions or Bump the older threads. I remember doing the same thing when I was just starting :D

Reactions: riddlesNrhymes
I look at OOP steelbook threads all the time, not just when a noob bumps it but on my own. I believe after so long the thread becomes archived on it's own though. Do you think that Iron Man [UK] because it is OOP should be archived. I don't because people are still submitting pertinent information pertaining to it. IMO let the natural order of things remain.

Rick I don't mean to derail your subject here so all is well in case you thought that. :)

I look at OOP steelbook threads all the time, not just when a noob bumps it but on my own. I believe after so long the thread becomes archived on it's own though. Do you think that Iron Man [UK] because it is OOP should be archived. I don't because people are still submitting pertinent information pertaining to it. IMO let the natural order of things remain.

Rick I don't mean to derail your subject here so all is well in case you thought that. :)

I thought I had stated over a year old. Besides, you are the one that would not delete my stupid thread.:hilarious:

I thought I had stated over a year old. Besides, you are the one that would not delete my stupid thread.:hilarious:

:ohno: :hilarious:

It's not stupid, it's a valid question that I'm sure others will enjoy taking part in, especially the poll. Being Mr Mod now and being very popular here on the boards I'm sure you'll get lots of hits. ;)

No I dont believe old threads should be archived, period. A Big GIANT NO, lol. They act as a great resource IMO for newbies and old timers alike. I look up old threads all the time for pics, info, etc.

I thought you could access archived threads you just could not post to them. Like the Award threads in the DoJo. I wanted to post a comment on a archived award thread, but all you could do was thank.

I bumped up a couple of old threads a couple of days ago...Newbies thought it was available! But it promotes interest for old and new members alike. Extra pics were even added so it does add value IMO

Reactions: bd251
Yeah, but i don't want to see new pictures. If I want to see new pics, I go to the thread for "post pics of you lastest steelbook acquired". I already know what I can't have, so yeah i am a crybaby. Damn you Kelly for not deleting this thread.:hilarious:

Yeah, but i don't want to see new pictures. If I want to see new pics, I go to the thread for "post pics of you lastest steelbook acquired". I already know what I can't have, so yeah i am a crybaby. Damn you Kelly for not deleting this thread.:hilarious:

:hilarious: I told you that you'd get more hits, just because not everyone agrees with you doesn't give me the right to just delete it. ;) I think it's a good subject and I'd like to see what more people ultimately decide. :thumbs:

I actually like seeing many get resurrected ... lets me appreciate the steelbook again. UNless of course you are bumping Law Abiding Citizen German ... no one needs to see that ugly steel .... Now the Canadian one on the other hand is a beaut

I actually like seeing many get resurrected ... lets me appreciate the steelbook again. UNless of course you are bumping Law Abiding Citizen German ... no one needs to see that ugly steel .... Now the Canadian one on the other hand is a beaut

I agree with this comment. Watching newbies :drool: is fun! :D

It doesn't bother me when old threads get bumped. A lot of the time it's just new members who are interested or people just looking for info. Just because a Steelbook is OOP doesn't mean there shouldn't be any interest on it. I think all threads should be accesible!:)

It's better to have it the way it is. If there is not a relevant thread open, then a newbie will start a new one. I would rather have threads bumped than a load of new ones asking where they can get a copy of Iron Man Play.com or whatever.