ONEXPLAYER 2 (Personal Handheld Gaming Console)

Lone Crusader

The Savage Ninja!
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nov 24, 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA

steam-deck-vs-onexplayer-2-price.jpg

Introducing OneXPlayer 2​

ONEXPLAYER 2 is a completely different handheld gaming console with detachable controllers, allowing the device to be transformed to meet different gaming needs. The added flexibility allows gamers to choose their preferred way of playing and makes the most out of their ONEXPLAYER 2.
1.jpg

5-in-1​

Witness the versatility. It's not just a gaming console. You can simply turn it into any modes as your needs such as TV mode, tablet mode and laptop mode.
2.jpg

Best CPU- AMD RYZEN 6800U​

Just like a car needs a powerful engine to perform at its best, a game console needs a powerful CPU to provide a smooth and lag-free gaming experience. That's why we are committed to installing the most powerful CPU in our game console, to ensure minimal lag and steady FPS for the best gaming experience possible. This is our guarantee to gamers.
3.jpg

8.4'' 2.5K Screen​

Big screen is awesome. We know! Experience stunning detail and clarity on the 8.4" 2.5k screen! With a high resolution of 2560 x1600 pixels, this screen displays images and videos with incredible sharpness and vibrant colors. The 8.4" size is also perfect for viewing and interacting with content, offering a comfortable and immersive experience. Whether you are watching a movie, browsing the web, or playing a game, get ready to be blown away by the mighty power of the 8.4" 2.5k screen.
4.jpg

Ultra-fast Speed And Massive Capacities​

Meet the latest generation of low-power double data rate (LPDDR) memory. With a maximum transfer rate of 6400 MHz, it is much faster than previous generations of LPDDR memory, which allows for faster data transfer and improved performance. Compared to the previous generation LPDDR4 memory, the 1/0 speed of LPDDR5 has been increased from 3200 MT/s to 6400 MT/S (DRAM speed 6400 Mbps), an increase of 100%. LPDDR5 also has low power consumption and improved thermal performance, making it ideal for use in portable game consoles.
5.jpg

More Than Fast​

ONEXPLAYER 2 is equipped with a built-in M.2 2280 PCle3.0 solid-state drive with NVMe protocol, and PCle3.0*4 high-speed channel, delivering impressive read speeds of 2878MB/S and write speeds of 2752MB/S. Plus, with support for the PCIe4.0*4 protocol, you can easily upgrade to even faster storage in the future. Now you can load games, transfer files, and stream videos without any waiting.
6.jpg

Hear The Harman Magic​

Introducing the world's finest gaming audio, tuned and certified by the experts at Harman AudioEFX! As any gamer knows, sound is an essential element in gaming, and we’ve partnered with the best in the business to bring you the ultimate audio experience. Our speakers have been carefully tuned by the skilled engineers at Harman AudioEFX, ensuring that every sound is crystal clear and perfectly balanced. From the roar of engines to the footsteps of enemies, every detail is brought to life in stunning clarity. Get ready to experience gaming like never before with speakers tuned by Harman AudioEFX!
7.jpg

Effortlessly Ascending To Sophistication​

Take your gaming to the next level with Player Center. Pre-installed on your device at the time of manufacturing, Player Center allows you to tune your device's power consumption, GPU frequency, fan speed, vibration size, resolution, and brightness for the best possible gaming experience.
8.jpg

No Deadzone Or Drifting​

Worried about deadzone or drifting joystick after playing for a while? Worry no further. The new technology ensures that the joysticks are steady and reliable, even after long periods of use. It also offers unmatched precision and comfort!
9.jpg

65.5Wh Extended Battery Life​

ONEXPLAYER 2 also comes with the highest battery capacity in the industry at 65.5wh. With this impressive power, you can enjoy yourself with a locked 60FPS on GTA5 for up to 4 hours. Our revolutionary technology sets us apart from competition and eliminates battery life anxiety. With a 3+hour battery life for gaming and 8-9 hours for video playback, this device is perfect for extended use.
10.jpg

Smart Cooling System​

Our high-speed PC-level fan, with its copper tube and aluminum fin architecture, provides maximum cooling efficiency for your gaming experience. The single large fan is made from high-molecule polymer material for superior hardness and low noise, while PWM speed control adjusts the fan speed automatically based on temperature. ONEXPLAYER 2 also included two 8.6mm wide copper pipes with a unique herringbone design to quickly guide heat to the pure aluminum fins, where it's efficiently dissipated by the fan. To further optimize performance, we've employed Honeywell's top-rated phase change heat sink with an impressive thermal conductivity of 8.5 and a thermal resistance of just 0.04. This material quickly and effectively conducts heat from the processor to the fan for quick dissipation, ensuring stable temperatures during gameplay.

Support EGPU And Thunderbolt​

The Multiple Interface on ONEXPLAYER 2 offers versatile connectivity options. It has a USB 4.0 port with a high-speed transfer rate of up to 40 Gbps, and it also supports Thunderbolt technology. Now you can connect it to an eGPU or a 4K monitor for even more flexibility and performance. Enjoy the convenience and performance of multiple interfaces and never miss a beat.

Specs​

• AMD® Ryzen® 7 6800U, Zen 3 architecture, 8 cores 16 threads, 4.7 GHz Max Turbo Frequency
  • Radeon 680M Graphics card
  • 8.4 Inch IPS Screen, 2560 x 1600, 358 PPI
  • 16GB LPDDR5, 6400Ghz
  • M.2 2280(NVMe) Storage, PCle 3.0 x4
  • 10-Point Multi-Touch
  • 310mm*127mm*23mm (game console)/ 208mm*127mm*23mm(host)
  • Wi-Fi6e / BT 5.2
  • 6-axis sensor*
  • Esports Joystick
  • Dual Sensitive Bumper
  • Dual Linear Trigger
  • Harman AudioEFX Certified Tuning
  • Aluminum Heat Sink
  • Ultra-high Speed Fan
  • 65.5wh High-Capacity Battery
  • USB-C 4.0 x1, USB-A 3.0 x 1, 3.5mm Audio Interface x1, USB-C 3.2 x1, micro SD4.0*1
  • Skin Coating
  • Pre-installed licensed Windows 11

Storage Options (Available Models)​

• 16GB RAM + 512GB Storage - $1,249.00
  • 16GB RAM + 1TB Storage - $1,349.00
  • 16GB RAM + 2TB Storage - $1,499.00
  • 32GB RAM + 1TB Storage - $1,500.00
  • 32GB RAM + 2TB Storage - $1,599.00
Purchase Here:
US
UK
  • AMAZON (Not Available Yet) [ONEXPLAYER 1 & ONEXPLAYER Mini are Available though]

Reactions: Billy Talent
I'm considering getting this and selling my Steam Deck. Don't get me wrong, I love my Steam Deck but their are a few nuances that set me off about it. Mainly that although it can be done, it's really difficult to load any non Steam games on it just because it's SteamOS running off of a Linux platform. With the OneXPlayer 2 it's running Windows 11 and so I can run the Steam client on it as well as most of the Steam games but because it's Windows 11 I can also install Battle.net which will let me install Diablo IV as well as UPlay and EA clients and respective games. Best of both worlds and not to mention better and beefier performance and graphics, larger screen and longer battery life. I'm gonna think about it a little more but I am considering it.

I'm buying this tomorrow but with a twist. I'm actually getting an upgraded model, the oneXplayer 2 Pro Exclusive Neon Genesis Evangelion edition. It also has better upgraded specs as well. I know you're asking yourself, "...but he just bought the ASUS ROG Ally handheld personal gaming device", and I love how it games, it games very well but there are a few little issues that ASUS needs to work out so I'll be sending it back. It's for the best anyways because I've wanted the oneXplayer 2 since I saw it the first time. I did almost get it when I was looking at the ROG Ally but it was a little out of my price range but now it's not and this Neon Genesis Evangelion edition is limited so it won't be around for long and I have to jump on it..

01_d22d2a9a-5f7a-491a-9316-81e6e3bb7034_1024x1024@2x.jpg
08_1024x1024@2x.jpg

• Wow
I sure hope I like this because I spent a freakin' fortune on it. They are not cheap that's for damn sure, but I did a little more research into this one and even joined their discord server and all seems good, unlike the ASUS ROG Ally. In case anyone wants to indulge in some of the finer things in life, this is a limited run of the oneXplayer 2 Pro called the Neon Genesis Evangelion edition. I'll leave a purchase link in the post in case anyone wants one.

Purchase Here

I'm buying this tomorrow but with a twist. I'm actually getting an upgraded model, the oneXplayer 2 Pro Exclusive Neon Genesis Evangelion edition. It also has better upgraded specs as well. I know you're asking yourself, "...but he just bought the ASUS ROG Ally handheld personal gaming device", and I love how it games, it games very well but there are a few little issues that ASUS needs to work out so I'll be sending it back. It's for the best anyways because I've wanted the oneXplayer 2 since I saw it the first time. I did almost get it when I was looking at the ROG Ally but it was a little out of my price range but now it's not and this Neon Genesis Evangelion edition is limited so it won't be around for long and I have to jump on it..

View attachment 558700 View attachment 558701
What were the issues you had with the ASUS ROG Ally? I'd prefer for it to have a trackpad like the Steam Deck but at this point it remains the most viable option for me in terms of availability / pricing / specs so I'm interested to hear about your experience!

What were the issues you had with the ASUS ROG Ally? I'd prefer for it to have a trackpad like the Steam Deck but at this point it remains the most viable option for me in terms of availability / pricing / specs so I'm interested to hear about your experience!
With the ROG Ally it has thermal issues and it is bricking or even in some cases melting MicroSD cards right in the slot. You can Google "ASUS ROG Ally Issues" and the first two sites that pull up are these. Here and Here It's already undergone two Bios updates where ASUS has put a minimum fan curve on it because they continue to get too hot. Also if it's not bricking your MicroSD card it's thermal throttling because it's overheating. My temps when I gamed moderately would range anywhere from 75°C - 87°C and at 95°C it starts to thermal throttle. After it bricked two 1tb MicroSD cards ($135ea) and countless game crashes because of thermal throttling I'd had enough. Although when it worked it worked really well and gamed really well but the second you start up a AAA title your game would crash. There's a whole Reddit community over all the issues it has.

So I returned it and started searching for something better and came across the OXP2/Pro and I was lucky enough and at just the right time to get my hands on an limited Evangelion edition. It has played every game I've thrown at it and then some and the cooling is phenomenal, it hasn't been over 68°C but one time when I benchmarked it which is understandable. The nice thing about the OXP2/Pro is that the Joy-Cons can detach and connect to a controller adapter and make it a complete gamepad. Right now the OXP2/Pro is the best of the best you can buy right now but if you wait a little bit the AYANEO KUN will be releasing and will be top dog and yes, it will have track pads.

My advice, don't buy the ASUS ROG Ally unless you want a defective unit.

Here's some images of mine.

20230804_021619622_iOS.JPG20230804_220847982_iOS.JPG20230809_145322935_iOS.JPG20230809_145416404_iOS.JPG20230809_145443839_iOS.JPG20230809_145815127_iOS.JPG

With the ROG Ally it has thermal issues and it is bricking or even in some cases melting MicroSD cards right in the slot. You can Google "ASUS ROG Ally Issues" and the first two sites that pull up are these. Here and Here It's already undergone two Bios updates where ASUS has put a minimum fan curve on it because they continue to get too hot. Also if it's not bricking your MicroSD card it's thermal throttling because it's overheating. My temps when I gamed moderately would range anywhere from 75°C - 87°C and at 95°C it starts to thermal throttle. After it bricked two 1tb MicroSD cards ($135ea) and countless game crashes because of thermal throttling I'd had enough. Although when it worked it worked really well and gamed really well but the second you start up a AAA title your game would crash. There's a whole Reddit community over all the issues it has.

So I returned it and started searching for something better and came across the OXP2/Pro and I was lucky enough and at just the right time to get my hands on an limited Evangelion edition. It has played every game I've thrown at it and then some and the cooling is phenomenal, it hasn't been over 68°C but one time when I benchmarked it which is understandable. The nice thing about the OXP2/Pro is that the Joy-Cons can detach and connect to a controller adapter and make it a complete gamepad. Right now the OXP2/Pro is the best of the best you can buy right now but if you wait a little bit the AYANEO KUN will be releasing and will be top dog and yes, it will have track pads.

My advice, don't buy the ASUS ROG Ally unless you want a defective unit.

Here's some images of mine.

View attachment 560593View attachment 560594View attachment 560595View attachment 560596View attachment 560597View attachment 560598
Thanks for the info! For a purchase like this I'd prefer to have local warranty so that really limits my options, and the AYANEOs tend to be more expensive so the KUN is likely to be out of my budget. I don't plan to play AAA games on it so while serious the Asus heating issue may not affect me as much, though I can't exactly afford one at the moment so hopefully Asus will come up with a revision to address it soon :)

Thanks for the info! For a purchase like this I'd prefer to have local warranty so that really limits my options, and the AYANEOs tend to be more expensive so the KUN is likely to be out of my budget. I don't plan to play AAA games on it so while serious the Asus heating issue may not affect me as much, though I can't exactly afford one at the moment so hopefully Asus will come up with a revision to address it soon :)
I seriously doubt that they can fix it by software patches, it's a hardware issue, but maybe new units going out now have been revised. TBPH, I wouldn't take my chances on it but were only limited by our budgets.