Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: July 2017
HDN Group Buy: TBA
Note: Limited to 400 copies

full

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest difference is morality and ethics which is important for any business and even applies to individuals like us who buys and resells.

I really don't understand you, so my apologies if I'm misinterpreting. Are you insinuating that it's MORE ethical and moral to allow the scalpers (erm, ahem, sorry "re-sellers") to have first crack at premium releases, as opposed to die hard collectors on collecting sites that find it a little difficult to jump through various hoops and wake up at 3 am to place an order?

I really don't understand you, so my apologies if I'm misinterpreting. Are you insinuating that it's MORE ethical and moral to allow the scalpers (erm, ahem, sorry "re-sellers") to have first crack at premium releases, as opposed to die hard collectors on collecting sites that find it a little difficult to jump through various hoops and wake up at 3 am to place an order?

Its simple. The retailer has an online store that is now relatively stable. So encourage collectors to buy through their stores first.

Nova was a nightmare during the early days, so lots preferred GB as it was convenient to secure a copy instead of fighting against Magento. But off late, Nova have turned around their website which is now more stable. Still they allocate too many copies to GBs which indirectly encourages scalping. If a buyer wanted to pay $50, then via GB he would pay $60. So he tries to order online as well when it goes live trying to make up that $10 he paid extra. Lots of people do this but won't disclose that. This is normal but sadly this is a byproduct of having GBs for something that could potentially be easily purchased directly.

Reactions: dchamp444
Its simple. The retailer has an online store that is now relatively stable. So encourage collectors to buy through their stores first.

Nova was a nightmare during the early days, so lots preferred GB as it was convenient to secure a copy instead of fighting against Magento. But off late, Nova have turned around their website which is now more stable. Still they allocate too many copies to GBs which indirectly encourages scalping. If a buyer wanted to pay $50, then via GB he would pay $60. So he tries to order online as well when it goes live trying to make up that $10 he paid extra. Lots of people do this but won't disclose that. This is normal but sadly this is a byproduct of having GBs for something that could potentially be easily purchased directly.

Oh, okay. I understand your logic but don't agree with it. If you were to only say "support the company's webstore as it provides them more traffic, direct sales, etc." then I would agree. If you're saying go to the webstore so that scalpers can have an easier time with their profit margins, I say I disagree, but respectfully. I'm not saying what you're doing is this big, bad, unethical thing, since re-sellers are often the only way to even acquire a coveted release if you were late to the party, but I don't think what you're suggesting is logic I agree with.

Nonetheless, I follow your logic and respect your ability to take that stance.

Reactions: lgans316
For every winner there is a loser.
For every passionate collector there is a scalper both on the inside and the outside.
90% of long term collectors scalp at some point in time unless they have the money tree in their backyard. So scalping conversation is not going to end well. It can be annoying but that's the way things are. Some of the prolific scalpers make use of every opportunity given to them as well as try to create those opportunities by striking a deal with the retailers which normal collectors can only dream of. Back to topic, this is still in stock.

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
There are other GBs elsewhere so I would estimate that of the 300 available maybe only 220-250 are available on the shop HDZeta site

@lgans316 - you also need to add the positives for retailers for offloading pieces of their cherry pie in large bulks to GB hosts / resellers.
From your point of view it will come down ethical values vs risk.

Say the print run was 4,000 individual copies.

Selling to 4,000 individual collectors = much higher risk due to damage in shipment, lost packages, claims/chargebacks, fraud, and also creates more work.

Selling 4,000 copies with portions of that allocated to GB's, resellers, and the rest to individual sellers = less risk, and less work. Each pieces of cake take's less work to wrap up and get this shipped to a buyer that has an established relationship with the third party reseller.

So it works both ways from the retailers point of view and as an individual customer.

Pre-order date at 20th with the Resident Evil & Live by Night,Release date at 3th July.

I actually thought Passengers was released on the 7th but it seems like if the above is still correct it's actually released already!!

HDZeta's website is down so I can't check to see if my order has shipped or not though :(

Resident evil & passengers are both shown as 7th July on HDzeta store..I'm awaiting both as well.

Thankfully being sent EMS by default they should arrive before the end of next week...hopefully :)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: tommyh84
This one looks awesome. Colors, detailes, lenti, probably the best passengers premium, too bad I don´t collect silvers :squint:

Status
Not open for further replies.