Pirates of the Caribbean : Curse of the Black Pearl (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: 6th of April, 2015
Price: £49.99 (£19.99 if purchased with ZBOX)
Purchase Link: Pirates of the Caribbean - The Curse of the Black Pearl
Limited to 3K.

11070532-1421414480-427371.jpg

11070532-1421414480-427423.jpg 11070532-1421414480-427431.jpg 11070532-1421414480-427504.jpg 11070532-1421414480-427513.jpg 11070532-1421414480-427521.jpg

Other editions:
Curse of the Black Pearl || Dead Man Chest || At World's End

Last edited:
Zavvi apparently has a surplus of these steels, otherwise they wouldn't be trying to hawk their Zboxes and offering the steels at a lower price as an incentive, which lead me to think they might eventually give up their ambitions and just sell the surplus copies at a regular price but I decided not to wait for that fateful day and just grabbed a copy of COTBP from the 'bay for $42. BTW, I've recently started to rewatch these films again, and have begun to really appreciate them more. Actually, I now think these movies rival the Lord of the Rings films as grand, epic entertainment, but with much better special effects. The EFX are spectacular in these films, VERY realistic (or believable, if you prefer). The Kraken, for instance,, is just amazing. Never does it look "fake", or digital. Not all of the effects look great, but most do. I've really enjoyed revisiting these.

Reactions: thewoe
So to my surprise the Sold Out icon was replaced by 'Buy Now'. Looked at the price and saw freaking $74.48 on the price tag.. what is Zavvi smokingggggggggggggggg????? $19.99 if bought with ZBOX, but I don't need it. Really shame, i want to collect all 3, but not with that price tag.

Reactions: chunk
Screw it, if dead man's chest doesn't arrive I'm asking for a replacement even when they have blown up the price so much. They have stock, they can afford a replacement

Z-Box offer seems to have been removed.
Now they are just £49.99.

Zavvi ripping off their customers once again by letting people purchase multiple copies they are just going to sell on Ebay at a vastly inflated price.

Zavvi have rapidly dropped in my estimation of late.

For the sake of my fellow American collectors: all three of my Pirates steels arrived on Thursday to Texas. They were all dispatched on the same day too.

well when you think zavvi could not go any lower they go do a zbox spectacular 5 films only to be bought cheaper with there zbox @£19.99.
this is about low as they can go when people having there steels turn up damaged and dented and there selling there cancellations off in this manner first! not good.
zavvi the home of ripping people off!

see for yourself people http://www.zavvi.com/offers/zbox/offer/steelbook.list
in the list

all the pirates films
who framed roger rabbit
wall-e
ratatouille

i just feel that those that have bought and there is no looking after at all, all they are intrested is pushing zbox first screw everyone else that has bought and got a damaged product now with no replacement!

basil :thumbs:

well when you think zavvi could not go any lower they go do a zbox spectacular 5 films only to be bought cheaper with there zbox @£19.99.
this is about low as they can go when people having there steels turn up damaged and dented and there selling there cancellations off in this manner first! not good.
zavvi the home of ripping people off!

see for yourself people http://www.zavvi.com/offers/zbox/offer/steelbook.list
in the list

all the pirates films
who framed roger rabbit
wall-e
ratatouille

i just feel that those that have bought and there is no looking after at all, all they are intrested is pushing zbox first screw everyone else that has bought and got a damaged product now with no replacement!

basil :thumbs:
Er, there's been talk of little else for the last three pages.....