Point Break (1991) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [France]

Feb 13, 2022
Release date: July 5, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon FR - FNAC
Price: €34.99

81RIvXw4VsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
8187BCysgnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've ordered from FNAC, because importing the Shout 4K release to the UK is around £30 anyway so I might aswell order this and get a steelbook. Colours look like a nuclear bomb has just been dropped.

Anyone confirmed if the french sub is hardcoded to the film or plays automatically and can be switched off?
Seriously, what is it with the french and hardcoded subtitles? I have this on order but I didn't even realize that was still a thing with french blu-rays in 2024. International returns are a nightmare with amazon fr in my experience, so I'm not sure if I should even keep my pre-order now.

Seriously, what is it with the french and hardcoded subtitles? I have this on order but I didn't even realize that was still a thing with french blu-rays in 2024. International returns are a nightmare with amazon fr in my experience, so I'm not sure if I should even keep my pre-order now.
Unfortunately it does still happen from time to time. It's become a question I always want to ask in case.

My French Metropolitan copy of Moonfall has the forced subs but only the time, date and location that appear for a few seconds but that's only because they're part of the original movie. It's selectable English language with no forced subs on the speech, so I think we'll be ok. It opens up with 4 choices on the menu Lecture meaning reading French but that's your Play button, audio, chapitres=chapters and supplements=extras. The audio option gives you 3 options which are Francaise which is obviously French and Originale=original which is the English language version. Lastly Sous-titres= subs and you need to select Sans=without.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: TheWildEye
This is very unlikely to have forced french subs all the way through. I can't remember the last time metropolitan did that. It's been years. They only tend to do it for foreign language parts (i.e non-english).