Predators (2010) - Group buy - play.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

king5six1

Premium Supporter
May 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Predators, Play.com steelbook Group Buy ?

Is anyone on here planning a Group Buy for this steel ? Would love to get a copy of this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey folks, we're doing something a bit DIFFERENT on this one. A good friend of HDD and mine from the UK will be assisting with this group buy. So I'll be doing exact cost - no credit card fees to account for and I'm asking no markup from my end. What our friend gets us for the cost will be THAT (+ shipping to you).

The steelbook will be released on November 1st, 2010.

CONFIRMED ARTWORK BELOW (there's been some flip-flopping, but our steelbook sources say this is the art)!

334szec.png

Cost before shipping to you will depend on total cost of shipping from our friend in the UK.

The cost of the steelbook alone will be at least £17.99 (that's about $29 USD on 8/20).
TBD for total costs

How I determine cost -> exact steelbook cost + mailing from the uk. NO markups from me on this one. EXACT COST to get them to me (call it an early XMAS present to all you steelbook fans).

Normal rules apply - all members of the group buy assume a similar risk - if a steelbook comes in with a small ding, there's nothing I can do about that. However, I will use a random number generator to "pick" who gets any damaged copy.

There should be NOTHING that is majorly damaged - things ALWAYS arrive from our trader friend in great shape.

Payment is required up front WHEN IT SHIPS, unless you have participated in a group buy with me before. I cannot be stuck with unclaimed copies.

Note that since this is a VERY EARLY PRE-ORDER the price might go up a bit. To be conservative, plan on a swing of a $2 or $3.

STEELBOOK mail costs:
Mailing 1st Class USPS in a box - likely around $3.50 for one copy. EXACT shipping will be charged and I don't ship media mail for steelbooks. 1st class for 1 - otherwise it's priority mail.

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Reserve list (limit 1 copy per user) ***CLOSED FOR NOW - No additional requests***

1) me
2) unam9
3) jal8791
4) darczap
5) Bane
6) christophles
-------------------PAID AND SHIPPED on 11/8...#2 through 6 ($36.83)----------------------------------
7) cheez avenger
8) freedom88 (BEC)
9) bryan
10) BodyHauler
11) GrilledCheez
12) king5six1 (BEC)
--------------- 2nd shipment - IN TRANSIT TO USA ($36.91) ---------------------------------
13) BluRayJunkie (BEC)
14) kevintj (BEC)
15) ruckus81 *
16) the1tyrant
17) chipvideo
18) Jak
19) BigNTasty (BEC)
20) duckydan
---------------3rd shipment - PACKAGING - TO BE SENT 11/10/10 FROM UK ($38.36) --------
21) hairlesswookie *
22) AccordTR
---------------4th shipment - THAILAND - TO BE SENT 11/11/10 ($44.83) -------------

Last edited:
updated the list - no payment until they ship, so we're fine until november. :cool:

hey apsmith, have u seen the one cover from tiland?

yeah, since Thailand doesn't print their own steelbooks, it's probably just the UK steelbook.

Which says to me that the logos are stickers. :cool:

But this is just guess work on my end. ;)

does anyone have a heads-up on whether this is gonna be region-free or not?
... I cant think of any SBs from 20th Century Fox, so I'm clueless :wtf:

No idea, yet. The Avatar steelbook is Region A/B, but with any studio, we don't know until someone verifies the disc for us.

The earliest we would see that would be when someone gets a copy for review.

So here's the update on this. We have secured 21 total copies for this GB. Now, assuming they all show up MINT, there will be a few people at the end that won't be covered. So I'm posting this now in case people want to try and acquire one on their own.

Also, if there are some that arrive to our friends with minor damage, I need to know that the person requesting the steelbook would still want it - otherwise, the people at the bottom will still have a shot.

I'll send PMs to everybody later today to confirm this.

Status
Not open for further replies.