Premium theaters/Dine-in theaters, etc chat thread

There is one right down the street from me at a new movie theater and they have it. Its $20 a person and if I ever decide to try it, itll probably be the only time. Thats too damn expensive.

Yeah dine in theaters are all the rage in certain parts of the country, but I wish more went all out with some high class pampering and more premium sound/over 21 only showings. Thanks for posting the link! :scat:

I agree-it would be nice to have a premium experience with some luxury swag that is a little more like going to a nice Broadway show, or Musical performance....better ambiance, etc....I am fine with casual movie going, for the majority of shows we see, but it would be cool to have some more upscale options occasionally, too...

I remember we went to a "dine-in" one when holidaying in Marco Island in 1999. Was first time in one and was probably very basic by today's standards and was absolutely tiny but had great service.

Surfury-nice! I am interested in seeing where they were, and are going with enhanced theater experiences, as a movie nut:)

hey DB,
ok, went to theatre last night, yup, they have it running, but the movie they had featuring D Box was Harry Potter, i already saw it, so wasnt gonna see it again, lol. Now, the next movie that is slated for D Box is Conan the Barbarian, i will check it out then.

now, as for the price, it is $8.00 over the price of regular admission. This theatre i went to is cheaper then Regal Cinemas that I usually go to. Adult price is $6.50 matinee $8.50 for regular times, so pricing for D Box movies will then be $14.50/$16.50.

also to note, there was a couple demo seats in the lobby, i sat in one and watched the trailer for harry potter, and i have to say, it was pretty cool, so i am excited and cant wait for conan to come out. :D

hey DB,
ok, went to theatre last night, yup, they have it running, but the movie they had featuring D Box was Harry Potter, i already saw it, so wasnt gonna see it again, lol. Now, the next movie that is slated for D Box is Conan the Barbarian, i will check it out then.

now, as for the price, it is $8.00 over the price of regular admission. This theatre i went to is cheaper then Regal Cinemas that I usually go to. Adult price is $6.50 matinee $8.50 for regular times, so pricing for D Box movies will then be $14.50/$16.50.

also to note, there was a couple demo seats in the lobby, i sat in one and watched the trailer for harry potter, and i have to say, it was pretty cool, so i am excited and cant wait for conan to come out. :D

I showed my girl a dbox setup and she saw the price and said no lol. I'm really curious about the theater with dbox setup, but I don't want to pay more than what I pay for a 3D movie which is 16 now.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Hey all thanks for the info! Yeah we're in tri state most things are expensive:( I'll chime in once i have a chance to go:)

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

hey there DB and everyone else,

just saw Conan the Barbarian in D-Box and 3D both ar same time, woot :D

ok, as for the Motion Seats known as D-Box, not bad at all. Definetly something different lol. the seat moving around was pretty awesome. But as the efect for this movie? well, not to sure. I would definetly love to see this with something with flight in it, sci fi outer space, Star wars would be awesome lol or even something along the lines of Top Gun............

now let me say this, if i had to chose between D-Box or Imax, i would go Imax.

just my 2 cents

In Texas, I've visited many Alamo Draft House theaters or just Draft house theaters in general .. I been to some in Austin and houston and jsut cant remember if they are 2 diff companies or the same. Anyways, ordering food from a waitress, sitting in executive style leather chairs, and drinking draft beer or insanely huge margaritas is a treat.

The last time I went was a while ago, it was for CLICK with Adam Sandler , I remember passing out I got so buzzed without moving lol. Freinds had to wake me up when it was over.

LOL-do it big in TEXAS!:) I heard of the theaters for a few years in Texas. Always wished they'd bring more of those near us. Hope to catch one soon....

Oh yeah we ordered the beer that comes in like some huge super pitcher with the ice shoot down the middle to keep cold.... :drool: