Upcoming Presumed Innocent (Limited Series) [Apple TV+]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
Presume nothing. Jake Gyllenhaal stars in Presumed Innocent, a limited series premiering June 12 on Apple TV+

Presumed Innocent is an eight-part limited series starring and executive produced by Jake Gyllenhaal, hailing from David E. Kelley and executive producer J.J. Abrams. The star-studded ensemble cast also includes Ruth Negga, Bill Camp, O-T Fagbenle, Chase Infiniti, Nana Mensah, Renate Reinsve, Peter Sarsgaard, Kingston Rumi Southwick and Elizabeth Marvel.Based on The New York Times bestselling novel of the same name by Scott Turow, the gripping series takes viewers on a journey through the horrific murder that upends the Chicago Prosecuting Attorneys' office when chief deputy prosecutor Rusty Sabich (played by Gyllenhaal) is suspected of the crime. The series explores obsession, sex, politics, and the power and limits of love, as the accused fights to hold his family and marriage together.

I remember the Harrison Ford movie of this which I think a lot of people have seen already so feel like studios have run out of ideas and are just remaking old movies.

Jake also seems to be doing the same with this following roadhouse.

They're literally stretching movies into 8-episode series now. Openly combining two worst things into one 'easy to binge' product for zombie viewers.

It's not based on the film. It's based on the novel.
That's at least a plus. Much more material to adapt in a limited series than a two hour film.

Jake G is a pretty great actor, who's also extremely adaptable. Very easy to watch.

I think this might be a decent idea.

Reactions: kaw