Quality Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2012
Midlands UK
Where has it gone? :(

Rarely ever used to get steelbooks with scratches or paint chips (they were only damaged if they were REALLY damaged) but of late its the norm and is completely ruining this collecting lark for me. It appears clear that as they push more and more out the quality has dropped dramatically.

I admit i am overly OCD on these things but when paying a premium price for a premium product i dont think its wrong to except a product in 100% mint condition! People who dont open their steelbooks wont have this issue im sure as they wont be aware of all the imperfections that may be lurking underneath but i cant be the only one who opens them each time and is writing an email 2 seconds later to get a replacement?

Recent examples - i went through 5 Taken 2s from Amazon as all had paint chips or scratches, in the end i had to settle for one where the whole corner was sc***** silver. Skyfall i had 4 or 5 copies from Amazon UK and 2 from Amazon Germany and again i had big scratches along the front, paint chips, spine slashes, manufacturing blue lines?!!

Ive had my rant following the opening of my End of Watch this morning which has two dents, paint chips and a big old scratch on the front and im going to be considering whether i want to continue with collecting any more today as the returns process for each steelbook is getting very boring

I agree with you. I recently even had a hair printed on the Steel. When opened the Steel the hair came of and now i have a ugly silver line on the Steelbook where the hair was. I can´t believe how much the quality has dropped. I want those good old times back where Steelbooks were made with thick metal and awsome painting and really were high quality produkts!

Ted UK was another one that was chipped and scratched to pieces and affected the majority of them, making getting a mint replacement an almost impossible task.

Luckily though I haven't been affected as much recently, touch wood, I did have the blue line on Skyfall but that didn't bother me and the rest of it was fine. Sounds like you're just going through a bad run, try to stick with it.

Ted UK was another one that was chipped and scratched to pieces and affected the majority of them, making getting a mint replacement an almost impossible task.

Luckily though I haven't been affected as much recently, touch wood, I did have the blue line on Skyfall but that didn't bother me and the rest of it was fine. Sounds like you're just going through a bad run, try to stick with it.

Ive stuck with it before (6 copies of Collateral and Jaws for example!) but think ive hit the wall now as its not enjoyable anymore. I plan on selling off around 30 of my steels and then only buying ones for films ive already seen and love and that are recent (ie Life of Pi) ill be cancelling Predator 2, Xmen etc and selling off Predator, Predators etc as its not worth the hassle these days :(

Status
Not open for further replies.