RE_retrib-kr.jpg

Actual picture courtesy of chanfm:
RE_5_KR.jpg
More pics thanks to bluraymania:
2012211885(10).jpg

2012211885(11).jpg

2012211885(12).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys does anyone no what GBCVTA means on the EMS Tracking information?

Its showing Partners take over, London Heathrow on the 3rd, then it states exchanges arrival on the 4th with GBCVTA in the next box at 9.16am, then Baedal Shipping on the next line down at 9.19am with GBCVTA next to that?

Has it been held up by customs or is it in the customs clearing mode?

Any help please explaining the tracking information? Had the steel valued at $20.00 on the customs slip from Kimchidvd.

Yes, GBCVTA means the parcel has gone to Customs Retention. That's nearly always because an invoice is either 'missing' or 'inappropriate'. Packages with invoices thought to be marked down in value will typically go to GBCVTA. :ohno:

I would contact the relevant department using your EMS tracking number and see what the story is. Hopefully it's just a missing invoice.

Reactions: earthscope
Do you no who I would need to contact? This is the first time I have had to do this!

Try contacting Parcelforce mate, as they are the agents for EMS delivery in the UK. They work with HMRC and will be able to give you contact numbers for the relevant Customs dept.

08448 00 44 66

And don't get too worried, worst comes to the worst you'll just have to get your credit card out and pay a VAT bill to get the thing cleared. Good luck! :thumbs:

AFAIK, courier companies like Parcelforce, UPS, Fedex will try to pay your customs charges for you to speed up the delivery/import/customs process and to do that they need the invoice to do so.
As its not printed up on the parcel (like Amazon do) they forward it to HMRC do this - and this tends to take 4-5 days.
I wouldn't worry about it too much, just need to wait. If you need to pay VAT charge, you'll get a letter about it.
My last package from Kimchidvd got stuck like that in Customs and in the end got thru fine with no additional charges.

Hope that helps... :)

You're right Uraki, that's normal procedure. But packages routinely going through that process won't be flagged as GBCVTA on the tracking. GBCVTA means Customs are hanging onto it because something is amiss in this case.

Does anyone know how long kimchidvd takes to ship to the US? I would guess not more than a month unless it gets stopped for some reason.

These copies with the sticker must have been picked off retail shelves where it is used to block that image from kids browsing the display. The copies without the sticker were probably slated for online purchases.

Or could be that the censors ordered the remaining copies to be covered up after some little Korean kiddies got traumatized by the image of the four tongued monsters? That would explain why the sticker is outside the plastic seal than on the slip itself. Lol.

So those who received the earlier copies do not have this sticker. :)

Last edited:
Tracking information changed last night to (arrived at delivery office) then one more line of information stating at (00.23 am loaded to vehicle for delivery) on the UK Parcel Force Site!!

Looks like I will be ok this time!
:D

My sticker glows in the dark and also winks at me. :hilarious:

I wouldn't call a woman with 4 tongues a monster. I'd call it a challenge. :D

Tracking information changed last night to (arrived at delivery office) then one more line of information stating at (00.23 am loaded to vehicle for delivery) on the UK Parcel Force Site!!
Looks like I will be ok this time!
:D
Congrats!
It's one of the reasons why I prefer regular mail service over EMS/Courier: They're more expensive and the chances of having to pay extra fees are higher.

Reactions: earthscope
Just spoke to Parcel Force and they are delivering it Monday with no customs charge!

Sorry Mods for taking the thread off topic ! Back to discussing how great this Steelbook is!!!!
:scat:

Last edited:
Just arrived this morning ! :scat:

Kimchidvd are super quick with delivery, only 4 days to get here!

How are they for packaging?do they ship protected in a box? just started collecting steels over a month ago and just bought this and total recall off kimchidvd cheers:thumbs

Mine was wrapped really well. Came in about an 3 inch deep box. With 5 layers of bubble wrap with another layer of wrap holding it in place. I guess mine showed up a few days ago and was sitting on the front door. :p

Reactions: Rodbull