Rio (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #2)-booklet [China]

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
Release date: November 15th, 2012
Limited Edition 1000 (with exclusive booklet)

Rio0.jpg
Rio1.jpg rio2.jpg

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that is great idea to number steelbooks. Just think about it. How much would John Rambo Uncut steelbook nr1 cost? Or Iron Man FS nr1 or any other steelbook. All the excusive edition should have it printed outside steelbook. Well, of course very small print:D

So , lets say the Chap has number 1 ..

Does this mean his steel books is Worth Mega Bucks now ??

Remember he has Opened it EEK!

He has commited the Cardinal Sin & Opened it EEK! EEK!

So , by the Laws of most H D Ninja's its worthless now :naughty:

Regardless if opened or not, #001 is pretty cool to have. Just like numbered concert posters or baseball/football trading cards, the lower the serial number, the more attractive and presumably...worth more. This leaves people with a dilemma on wheter to open or not, but I think #001 HAS to be worth more opened than a regular sealed copy, as there can only be one #001.

So , lets say the Chap has number 1 ..

Does this mean his steel books is Worth Mega Bucks now ??

Remember he has Opened it EEK!

He has commited the Cardinal Sin & Opened it EEK! EEK!

So , by the Laws of most H D Ninja's its worthless now :naughty:

it's worth more, imo. Under normal circumstance an unopened copy is worth more than an opened one, obviously, but having the confirmed #1 copy is definitely more important than having a sealed copy.

Yep having number 1 makes it far more valuable than any other sealed copy. I think collectors would pay a huge premium to get this.

Yep having number 1 makes it far more valuable than any other sealed copy. I think collectors would pay a huge premium to get this.

bit like Let The Bullets Fly with Booklet that is Open I supose ?? ey ??

1 good thing that has come of this is that no one will have to guess what Number you have any more :hilarious:

Is the serial number printed anywhere else other than the stickers? If not then its not the steelbook thats valuable but the stickers, right?

Hypothetically if I had #0001 and the steelbook got damaged I could buy another copy and put the stickers in that copy and no one would know.

Reactions: spawnshop
Well, I hope the one that done this is not one of our ninjas.

Is the serial number printed anywhere else other than the stickers? If not then its not the steelbook thats valuable but the stickers, right?

Hypothetically if I had #0001 and the steelbook got damaged I could buy another copy and put the stickers in that copy and no one would know.

Reactions: Marina Blue
Hi Alex

What I'm trying to say is that if #0001 Rio went on sale, it would be "An opened copy of a Rio steelbook with #0001 sticker" and not "THE #0001 Rio steelbook". The two are completely different and I would say steelbook value wise they are complete different also. There would be no way to authenticate that the steelbook is in fact the one with #0001 stickers originally inside it. Therefore, how can it be worth more than any other Rio?

Top_cat2's post summed it up perfectly. A classic catch 22 situation :p

Well, I hope the one that done this is not one of our ninjas.

Which is why I would think that a number on this really is pointless. You could also do the same thing with a Korean steel or TW steel. As long as you have the slip.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

The minute you open the steel the value crashes.