Scott7's Pixel Palace Theater

Scott7

Home Theater Fanatic
Premium Supporter
Jul 2, 2012
Maryland
We bought our house and about 6 months later, I started working on turning the basement into a dedicated home theater. With the help and dedication of a very good friend, we built a home theater complete with a media/projection room, as well as a small lobby.

Here are some pics of the theater. Please let me know what you think!

14141123705_742b97580a_c.jpg

14141124085_ab5f4f5fc3_c.jpg

13954477620_0cab9ec462_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again for the compliments! All of you have helped me out in that I've learned so much about steelbooks from this site and they are now an important part of the atmosphere of my media room and lobby. I am planning on putting a few steelbook collection threads out there, but haven't gotten around to it. They will pale in comparison to many of the incredible collections I've seen on HDN, but I'm excited about the steels I've been able to acquire thus far. Thank you to all of you for the inspiration!

Looks great man! Would love to see the lobby too!

Sure Wreck; here are some pics of the lobby. The aforementioned steels are on top of the candy counter and in the media room, but I didn't make them the focus of these pictures, since I'm going to post some collection threads on HDN someday soon.

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions.

The lobby, as you enter it:

13975954977_3b330db7e4_c.jpg

Main Lobby Shot:

14182692063_0b82982e1e_c.jpg

Concession Sign and Mylar Box:

13975968268_c24e16ca7c_c.jpg

Theater Entry Sign and Movie Posters:

13975959247_cae7b6b23f_c.jpg

Candy Counter Close-Up:

14139456736_703c12d067_c.jpg

Last edited:
Looks awesome man. Would love to watch a flick there ... but wayyyyyyy too far away. ;) nice touch with mylar box and i presume that is even a 27x40 light box too. candy counter is awesome. Wife liked. ;)

Those the smaller mylars or bigger ones in the 4box?

Reactions: Scott7
Looks awesome man. Would love to watch a flick there ... but wayyyyyyy too far away. ;) nice touch with mylar box and i presume that is even a 27x40 light box too. candy counter is awesome. Wife liked. ;)

Those the smaller mylars or bigger ones in the 4box?

Thanks Wreck! Yes, it is a 27" x 40" light box that the Captain America: Winter Soldier poster is in. My friend and I actually made the light box ourselves - we got together and sort of did it as a "weekend project" because commercial lighted poster boxes were so expensive.

The mylar box holds medium-sized mylars, if I remember correctly. They are definitely not the large ones.

Last edited:
If you would have just posted the "main lobby shot" without any kind of explanation, I would 100% have believed that was a theatre somewhere. Definitely impressive setup

Truly Awesome! Save me some Reeses!

Thank you and will do! There is always candy available for guests (and for me when I settle in down there)!

If you would have just posted the "main lobby shot" without any kind of explanation, I would 100% have believed that was a theatre somewhere. Definitely impressive setup

Thank you; that's very flattering to hear!

More Lobby Pics

I have been doing some tweaking in the lobby and media rooms. I'd like to share the current pics of the candy counter and get your impressions. I've relocated the steelbooks into the media room, in favor of a more memorabilia-based candy counter display. What do you think? I'm still getting used to it.

Main Candy Counter Shot
14134341480_fa1063b533_c.jpg

Overhead Shot
14319145872_63b5588347_c.jpg

Avengers Box Set with Lenticular Light-Up (Best Buy)
14297811516_6e4c1844b7_c.jpg

Mjolnir
14320954745_91c15b3c4b_c.jpg

Thor Helmet
14320305604_f673ccaf07_c.jpg

Arc Reactor
14317620121_59ced6e522_c.jpg

Looks better. Perhaps one statue to go there some day on one that strikes your fancy. A premium format statue would be a good centerpiece. Arc looks cool there too

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

Btw ticket booth just on wall right? Nothing behind curtain ?

Looks better. Perhaps one statue to go there some day on one that strikes your fancy. A premium format statue would be a good centerpiece. Arc looks cool there too

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

Btw ticket booth just on wall right? Nothing behind curtain ?

Thanks for the comments Wreck. I agree. What I would love is an Iron Man statue that is as large as the one you have in this picture. Is that from Sideshow Collectibles, and what size is that considered to be? I looked one time but couldn't find any that looked to be that tall.

You are correct; the ticket booth is a facade that is built right into the wall, between the studs. It is secured on the other side of the wall, in a storage room next to the lobby.

Thanks for the comments!

Well it looks awesome and is a great idea.

That iron man is called legendary scale. It's 1/2 scale. So about 3ft. For price tho I recommend premium format scale which is usually 20-24 inches. An im3 teaser has been posted at sideshow I'm waiting for pre order.

Thats cool mate keep it up and all the best in completing it wish you the best of luck mate thats incredible...

Kudos on a great theater room and lobby! Everything is tastefully done and well executed. I'm loving your amplifier selection (especially the Brystons). :thumbs:

Kudos on a great theater room and lobby! Everything is tastefully done and well executed. I'm loving your amplifier selection (especially the Brystons). :thumbs:

Thanks! The Brystons have been great. They are pretty neutral and very powerful. I've never really been disappointed in them, and at this point they are over 10 years old.

Reactions: Troll2Fan