Sherlock Holmes 2 Thread

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
Brad Pitt 'Very Interested' In Sherlock Holmes 2!

After seeing major success over the Christmas holiday, Sherlock Holmes 2 is already in the works. With Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law signed on to reprise their roles, Guy Ritchie is looking to bring on Brad Pitt for the role of Professor Moriarty.

According to a source:

"The director, Guy Ritchie, loves Brad. He has worked with him before and thinks he is one of the most underrated actors working today. Guy knows that everyone thinks of as a Pitt as a pretty boy and can't wait to turn him into the world's greatest supervillain. It will definitely make the sequel a must-see."

sounds good for the movie, but i dont see how anyone can call brad pitt the most underrated actor. i mean, yah, hes one of the most famous people in the world and he actually has talent to back that up, but how can someone whose so popular be underrated?

leonardo dicaprio IMO is underrated. just about every role he does hes stellar in. yet no one talks about him anymore, and he'll always be remembered as a heart throb from titanic.

ok, mini rant is over... :)

i gotta see this movie yet!!!

sounds good for the movie, but i dont see how anyone can call brad pitt the most underrated actor. i mean, yah, hes one of the most famous people in the world and he actually has talent to back that up, but how can someone whose so popular be underrated?

leonardo dicaprio IMO is underrated. just about every role he does hes stellar in. yet no one talks about him anymore, and he'll always be remembered as a heart throb from titanic.

ok, mini rant is over... :)

i gotta see this movie yet!!!

I think he means underrated in respect for his acting ability. Brad's definitely one of the most famous people on the planet but hasn't received a lot of critical acclaim for his acting abilities and range etc. Whereas Leo, who I love, is much more recognized as a brilliant actor. Leo's been nominated for 3 academy awards, as well as numerous Golden Globe nominations and a win for the Aviator. Am looking forward to seeing him in Shutter Island and Inception this year. :D Plus he's gonna be playing Theodore Roosevelt! I think maybe people haven't been talking about him a lot lately is aside from Revolutionary Road the last big film he was in was The Departed (awesome movie) and that was back in 06' Think he's been out promoting his environmental causes. But looks like that will be changing this year!!
:drool::drool: I love Leo!! I love Leo!!

I think he means underrated in respect for his acting ability. Brad's definitely one of the most famous people on the planet but hasn't received a lot of critical acclaim for his acting abilities and range etc. Whereas Leo, who I love, is much more recognized as a brilliant actor. Leo's been nominated for 3 academy awards, as well as numerous Golden Globe nominations and a win for the Aviator. Am looking forward to seeing him in Shutter Island and Inception this year. :D Plus he's gonna be playing Theodore Roosevelt! I think maybe people haven't been talking about him a lot lately is aside from Revolutionary Road the last big film he was in was The Departed (awesome movie) and that was back in 06' Think he's been out promoting his environmental causes. But looks like that will be changing this year!!
:drool::drool: I love Leo!! I love Leo!!

He is very under rated, i never used to like him untill Blood Diamond, i thought he was awesome in that and The Departed.

Back on subject im really looking forward to a Sherlock 2, as Brad playing a bad guy i think it can be done, will be intresting too see what direction the film takes.

Plus was really good too see the chemistry Jude Law and Robert Downey Jnr had in the movie.

All right, here we go. The 3 days of shooting are over now :( but here you can watch what happened...

Beware, some spoilers in the videos !

Then here are mine :

Last edited by a moderator:
that was very exciting, yes.
So the (explosive) opening sequence has been filmed here. And according to the producers, it will feature the longest "sequence-shot" (sorry for the translation) of Guy Ritchie's career.
Wait and see :naughty:

Awesome pics and vids!

Can't wait for this as I really loved the first one.

Not sure if I do need to start a new thread for it but found first two official posters online today. They look really awesome:

sherlockholmesagameofsh.jpg
sherlockholmesagameofshg.jpg

Oh right...thats where you've been....Well we both have something in common than mate...I had a trip to London this year and was following some locations of the first film....Managed to get to Brompton cemetery where Lord Blackwood came back from his grave...although it was empty and didn't had a chance to see actual filming like you did......so jealous of you :D

296n5oj.jpg