Sherlock Holmes 2 Thread

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
Brad Pitt 'Very Interested' In Sherlock Holmes 2!

After seeing major success over the Christmas holiday, Sherlock Holmes 2 is already in the works. With Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law signed on to reprise their roles, Guy Ritchie is looking to bring on Brad Pitt for the role of Professor Moriarty.

According to a source:

"The director, Guy Ritchie, loves Brad. He has worked with him before and thinks he is one of the most underrated actors working today. Guy knows that everyone thinks of as a Pitt as a pretty boy and can't wait to turn him into the world's greatest supervillain. It will definitely make the sequel a must-see."

Yup saw this couple of weeks ago.

The film as a whole is an absolute blast, thorughly enjoyable and a real romp. Jared Harris is perfect as Moriarty and sounds just like his late father.

Jude Law, probably his best role to date, he actually acts for a change and Robert Downey Jnr just enjoys himself. SFX are pretty good too.

Noomi Rapace is great but tbh is not much more than fluff really in that her character doesn't add much to the plot unlike Rachel McAdams in first film, nonetheless she is very good.

Rachel McAdams does only have a small cameo part sadly.

Reactions: mams
Saw it last week. I's better than the first, but I couldn't get over the fact that it's SO dark (and I wasn't even wearing 3D glasses :p) and colourless. And I'm not only talking about the superslowmo-scenes which are dark because less light can fall into the lense, but the whole damn movie. Perhaps it's so toned down in colour because Ritchie wanted to emphasize the 'age' or something, but I didn't like it.

Not for the fans of the books but very good take on Sherlock Holmes...Awesome visuals, music and acting! Well done Ritchie!

PS: Steelbook please!