PS4/PS5 Silent Hill 2

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Game UK

254EC1BE-9EBC-401A-BB28-F706E65BB739.jpeg

Last edited:
It is possible that exclusive steelbook could release stateside. GAME said they had an exclusive design which i loved for the Guardians of galaxy video game. Walmart received it as a preorder bonus about a month before release.

It is possible that exclusive steelbook could release stateside. GAME said they had an exclusive design which i loved for the Guardians of galaxy video game. Walmart received it as a preorder bonus about a month before release.
I believe Best Buy got the same recent pre-order steelbooks as GAME for Final Fantasy VII Intergrade and Rebirth.

• Informative
Reactions: JRodDirector
Oh boy, another boring steelbook where the standard box art is overall better. Didn't see that one coming at all.

On a serious note though, I don't know about the game after the recent trailers. Maybe its being spoilt with the RE2, RE4 and Dead Space remakes but it just looks like a SH2 remake on a budget. Bloober team were not the developer to pick for this at all.

Oh boy, another boring steelbook where the standard box art is overall better. Didn't see that one coming at all.

On a serious note though, I don't know about the game after the recent trailers. Maybe its being spoilt with the RE2, RE4 and Dead Space remakes but it just looks like a SH2 remake on a budget. Bloober team were not the developer to pick for this at all.
It least it has a teeny tiny bit of effort put into the steelbook yet again

As I'm appalled as a consumer with how bloody lazy the industry is becoming with steelbook designs for video games. Blasphemous 2 and Tomb Raider Osiris are straight trash. Trying to course correct with my label, but its a lot of work beyond my slightest idea...

The state of play footage was in fairness so much better than the last trailer we got. Graphics look fine (not next gen amazing but fine) but it's the character movements that I think are throwing things off. I'd be perfectly happy with a delay if it helps improve things because with an October release I don't see it looking much different than it does now :cautious:

The state of play footage was in fairness so much better than the last trailer we got. Graphics look fine (not next gen amazing but fine) but it's the character movements that I think are throwing things off. I'd be perfectly happy with a delay if it helps improve things because with an October release I don't see it looking much different than it does now :cautious:
the environment looks next gen, really great. yep, only few movements look weird and the face of angela.

the sh2 remake looks really good! sure, there are few things they have to fix, but come on capcom also made bad decisions, e.g. removing 50% of the original RE3 content in the remake.

i cant wait ro play the remake and really hope they will do a remake of sh, which is my favorite sh.

the sh2 remake looks really good! sure, there are few things they have to fix, but come on capcom also made bad decisions, e.g. removing 50% of the original RE3 content in the remake.

i cant wait ro play the remake and really hope they will do a remake of sh, which is my favorite sh.
The bad decisions Konami have made out weigh the decisions Capcom have over the recent years

RE3 was a misstep, they gave the same team RE4 to do but after the backlash to RE3 they took it off them, give it to their main team and restarted development from scratch.

VII, Village, RE2 Remake and RE4 Remake have been solid along with feeling like they were worth the money. SH2 looks like a remake on a budget sadly.

SH2: Walmart edition

I have never played the games before so I can only comment from the point of the Remake itself. Gaming community seem to lash back at Konami for the remake and apparently it's hit with a lot of negativity over the change in appearance of characters to fit for the "modern" audiences.

I myself love the atmosphere of the trailer. It really makes it feel like a horror game. My main complaint is with janky movement mentioned by others. But regarding graphics, it should really not be a £60/$70 game. £45/$50 is a more accurate price for what we are given, but that is my opinion. Konami has been a greedy corporation since long ago so it doesn't surprise me.

I have never played the games before so I can only comment from the point of the Remake itself. Gaming community seem to lash back at Konami for the remake and apparently it's hit with a lot of negativity over the change in appearance of characters to fit for the "modern" audiences.

I myself love the atmosphere of the trailer. It really makes it feel like a horror game. My main complaint is with janky movement mentioned by others. But regarding graphics, it should really not be a £60/$70 game. £45/$50 is a more accurate price for what we are given, but that is my opinion. Konami has been a greedy corporation since long ago so it doesn't surprise me.
silent hill 2 (original) is a masterpiece and one of the best games of all time!!!

the remake looks really good so far. all they have to fix are few animations and character designs.

Reactions: Thoth